My Friend is Looking for a DAC with Particular Attributes
Sep 15, 2023 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Jazz1

1000+ Head-Fier
His Oppo DAC is dying. He uses it in conjunction with a desktop amplifier. But here comes the interesting part. He does use it in a manner with his TV external sound system that he wants to:

1. Lets him keep it on all the time so he can use his remote to engage the system, without having to walk over to the DAC and turn it on. He is concerned that the always on DAC could use a lot of power being on all the time.

2. Or have a DAC that is responsive to a remote control (I'm not sure if he thinks he can connect it to some existing all controlling remote) or he would simply settle for a DAC with its own remote).

3. Finally I think he is looking for a DAC that isn't much more than $400.00

I know he is trying to work with a dealer right now that carries Musical Fidelity, but I know he is open to other brands.

Any ideas would be most helpful. Ha, maybe this "Unicorn" DAC doesn't exist! :ksc75smile:

Sep 15, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 2
If the only needed remote operation is on/off, a smart plug might do the trick, requiring an app, or one of those outlets with an IR or RF remote. Would greatly increase the number of DACs to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back