My first set up (pics)
Mar 10, 2007 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Lowfront

100+ Head-Fier
Alright so I came on here looking to spend maybe 100bucks.
That turned into me getting the Meier-Audio CORDA Aria.Without any more funds for headphones I got the Grado-SR60.

Sorry about your wallet, wow you guys weren't kidding

Here are some pictures of my setup

I do all my computer usage and music listening while laying in bed so this is what I came up with. Let me know what you think.

Thinkpad x60 running linux ubuntu 6.10 amarok

img1263lk4.jpg

img1272vy1.jpg

And yes I'm very happy with the sound to say the least. Thanks for helping me on my first step.

Mar 10, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 15
I'm planning on it...

Got the amp before headphones because I found it on here $100 off. So I jumped on it as I was planning on buying it anyways.

So yes, I'll have new phones in a couple weeks.

Mar 10, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #4 of 15
Looks like a good starter set up.
Congratulations!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #5 of 15
Not a bad starting point.
And the journey begins...

Mar 10, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have a very nice setup. Many of us started with far less so in a way you are way ahead of the curve. Enjoy it.

x2

I started off with a pair of PX100
redface.gif
Your rig looks very nice, but it's time to upgrade those headphones!

Mar 11, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #9 of 15
you dont normally keep the laptop on top of your aria right? O_o

anyways, great setup so far. you may even be able to use that for the rest of your head-fi career!

Mar 11, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #10 of 15
Great choice in the x60 laptop! Most people don't relise how small and light that sucker is. I currently own a Thinkpad t60 with 14'"screen an absolutely love it. I will never own another brand again. As far as headphones I suggest looking for a good pair of used headphones in the for sale forums to save some cash. Good start!

Enjoy.
Do!

Mar 11, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #12 of 15
Beautiful, especially the way you laid out the first pick =]

Now you just need k701s just cause they look like the Aria
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #13 of 15
Ya actually the 701's are on my wish list right now. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

Mar 11, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you dont normally keep the laptop on top of your aria right? O_o

I leave it on there when its off and fall asleep with it on right there with a shutdown sleep timer. I really didn't think it would be a problem because its raised really well off the amp itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great choice in the x60 laptop! Most people don't relise how small and light that sucker is. I currently own a Thinkpad t60 with 14'"screen an absolutely love it. I will never own another brand again. As far as headphones I suggest looking for a good pair of used headphones in the for sale forums to save some cash. Good start!

Enjoy.
Do!

Ya I'm a computer lover and have to say that the x60 is just amazing. So light and portable. A day doesn't go by that I think about how it was one of the best purchases I have ever made. Very expensive but worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2

I started off with a pair of PX100
redface.gif
Your rig looks very nice, but it's time to upgrade those headphones!

I had px100 before I came on here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get some HD580's
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheap and good for starters.

and some ksc75's too!!

I have ksc75's.

Mar 12, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #15 of 15
The Corda Aria is a very nice AMP-DAC. Perfect for computer use. Doesn't take up a lot of space. Had crossfeed. Nice large volume control. Just looks very nice and for a very reasonable price. For about a year, an Aria was my main audio component.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful . . . Now you just need k701s just cause they look like the Aria
very_evil_smiley.gif

Agreed. Not only is the K701 a great headphone, but appearance wise, it seems perfectly matched for the Aria. The K701 cradle fits nice and snug right on top of the Aria. And the two seem to work well together in terms of sound as well.

Very good way to start off your headphone career.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back