My first real IEM/Portable Headphone purchase.
Feb 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FinnTheHuman

New Head-Fier
I've been doing a lot of research and decided to go to Head Fi for some advice. I've never purchased any real audiophile gear, I've mostly ownd IEMs like Skullcandy and JVC, and I'm looking to upgrade.

My budget is in the $80 - $120 area.

I mostly listen to Metal and some Electronic and Dubstep. I enjoy the mid range the most, but I need a pair IEMs or Portable Headphones where the Bass packs a punch but doesn't overpower the other frequencies.

I've been recommended Monster Turbine and Klipsch x10. I feel like I have barely scratched the surface, and want to hear from people who know what they're talking about, what are your recommendations, guys?

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I've been doing a lot of research and decided to go to Head Fi for some advice. I've never purchased any real audiophile gear, I've mostly ownd IEMs like Skullcandy and JVC, and I'm looking to upgrade.

My budget is in the $80 - $120 area.

I mostly listen to Metal and some Electronic and Dubstep. I enjoy the mid range the most, but I need a pair IEMs or Portable Headphones where the Bass packs a punch but doesn't overpower the other frequencies.

I've been recommended Monster Turbine and Klipsch x10. I feel like I have barely scratched the surface, and want to hear from people who know what they're talking about, what are your recommendations, guys?

Klipsch X10 is recommended considering the its recent massive price cuts.

You should also consider Shure SE215; seems like you'd like SE215's sound. It's still my to-go beater IEM for long flights and whatnot, it also comes with removable cable and really comfy foam tips as well. Can't say much about Turbine though.

But my utmost recommendation would be going to a proper earphone store (ones that carry demo units) and listen to every IEM around your budget that's available for demo in the store. Remember, audio stuffs are highly subjective and everyone's ears and minds are different. What sounds good for me (or any other head-fier) might not sound good for you. So let your own ears tell you which IEM sounds best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back