My first real headphones!!!!Grado SR80
Jun 10, 2007 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

pearljam5000

500+ Head-Fier
Well after joining head-fi and reading thousands of threads,i bougt the Grado SR-80,just to make my life easier until i will upgrade to SP Extreme+RS-1.
i'm quite liking the SR-80's sound,i don't really know what to compare it to,because i audioned only breifly GS-1000 and AKG K-701,and didn't have enough time to understand their sound.
SR-80 sound quite *clear*.
i can hear alot of details i never heard before.
and i totally agree with people who wrote that Grado's are for rock.
it's their strongest point.
sadly i feel they don't have enough bass for me,but maybe that's because i'm used to the boomy sound of cheaper headphones....
that's it for now!
thank you head fi!
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 21
Congratulations!
The Grado SR80 is a great entry level headphone (I started with one myself), which will keep you satisfied until upgradeitis hits you...

Jun 11, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 21
More bass should kick in over time, but try flat pads or comfy pads if you're really dissatisfied with bass quantity... I find the bowls too distant and harsh with some reverb sounds.

Jun 11, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #9 of 21
What you're looking for are those yellow Sennheiser pads...

Can't remember anything other than that though.
plainface.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

You can compress .wav. You shouldn't be able to make something like FLAC more than a few percent smaller. Either way, all archivers are by definition lossless, otherwise they would be worthless.

Well, quality control at grado seems to have some issues...

The pads you mentioned will fit. They were originally made for the SR60. they will work, but many people think that they negatively influence the sound quality. Get HD414 pads from ebay, or grado flat pads from ttvj.com (todd the vinyl junkie)

Jun 12, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #15 of 21
I started with the Grado sound too, just with MS-1. I listen to rock mostly as well, and from your name we probably share exact taste in music (PJ rules!)
smily_headphones1.gif
Listening to them with headphones is just awsome! Enjoy your purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back