My first portable rig ..
Feb 10, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #16 of 23
I recommend you stay away from the Noble 4A S. I own the Heir 4A and think there's better to be had out there. Contrary to what some say its not a UERM slayer. The DX50, I've had nothing but troubles with that player and only recently got it functioning properly with the latest firmware update. Its sound quality is slightly better then a iPod IMO. Just my 2 cents, you can choose to heed it or ignore it. The decision is up to you.

HERE, hit the link to my YouTube channel. It might be of some use to you regarding making a more informed decision. I personally like the Studio V but its UI is flawed and primitive but the sonics is pretty good. The only other options I've heard/owned would be a CLAS rig or an AK player but those two are pretty pricey so I doubt you would consider them.

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #17 of 23
  I recommend you stay away from the Hear 4A S. I own the 4A and think there's better to be had out there. The DX50, I've had nothing but troubles with that player and only recently got it functioning properly with the latest firmware update. Its sound quality is slightly better then a iPod IMO. Just my 2 cents, you can choose to heed it or ignore it. The decision is up to you.

HERE, hit the link to my YouTube channel. It might be of some use to you regarding making a more informed decision. I personally like the Studio V but its UI is flawed and primitive but the sonics is pretty good. The only other options I've heard/owned would be a CLAS rig or an AK player but those two are pretty pricey so I doubt you would consider them.

I think he's already bought the DX50. 

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #18 of 23
  I think he's already bought the DX50. 

Yeah I just went back and checked the rest of the page. Looks like I posted to late.

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #20 of 23
  Personally I have no issues whatsoever on the latest firmware. Not sure why yours has so many problems...

Like I said above I just got it functional with the latest firmware. The issue I have with it is three issues. First, it shouldn't have taken months for a FW update to be released that was bug free enough to correct scanning problems and lock up problems on my unit. Secondly, its not the giant killer so many people make it out to be. Its decent sounding but its nowhere near the giant killer so many people make it out to be. Thirdly, I didn't appreciate iBasso's rather lackluster customer support or the way I was treated by the clown answering the emails for iBasso. Just my two cents lin003. If you disagree with my view that's perfectly fine my friend. We can agree to disagree.

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #21 of 23

Like I said above I just got it functional with the latest firmware. The issue I have with it is three issues. First, it shouldn't have taken months for a FW update to be released that was bug free enough to correct scanning problems and lock up problems on my unit. Secondly, its not the giant killer so many people make it out to be. Its decent sounding but its nowhere near the giant killer so many people make it out to be. Thirdly, I didn't appreciate iBasso's rather lackluster customer support or the way I was treated by the clown answering the emails for iBasso. Just my two cents lin003. If you disagree with my view that's perfectly fine my friend. We can agree to disagree.

My experience was much better, but it's probably not best to continue this over here. 

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #22 of 23
  My experience was much better, but it's probably not best to continue this over here. 

Agreed, it can only lead down an unwanted path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back