My First Poll: What's Your Best Sense?
Feb 18, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #31 of 47
That is why I'm alway's broke I spend it on better HIFI. I wish my hearing was bad instead of my back. lol. Hello to everyone Carl
3000smile.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #32 of 47
Air Force vision here. 20/10 R&L. I also have pretty good hearing. I can hear both 20khz and 20hz.

Feb 18, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #33 of 47
I have astigmatism in my eyes, so vision isn't top notch (dont need glasses thoug).

I have tinitus and have some hearing loss in one of my ears, so hearing isn't top notch (you know i'm listening carefully when i point my right ear towards something) [edit: i can still hear 20hz - 20khz though. its odd hearing loss
tongue.gif
i got perfect results on the hearing test i did at an audiologist]

I actually have lost at least 50% of the feeling in half of my body, so my sense of touch leaves a lot to be desired!

My sense of smell and taste is great though! Very occaisionally our water goes a bit bad, and i always notice it about a week before everyone else, just by the smell. I hate most strong tasting things but lovvve subtle tasting things

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #38 of 47
My eyesight sucks (-5.25/-4.75 as my contacts perscription, with a minor astigmatism), so it's certainly not that. My sense of smell/taste/hearing is pretty decent, so it's probably one of those. For certain things like water, I have a very peculiar ability to pick out what brand of water I'm drinking. I used to take a water bottle to school everyday, and my mom would fill it with different bottled water, and each time I was able to guess which brand it was. I've lost a little bit of that ability now though.
redface.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundGoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was torn between smell and hearing. My hearing is kind of weird; sometimes I have to have someone repeat what they are saying to me several time, but I can usually picks out things musically or sound wise that no one else seems to be able to (I don't mean for that to sound arrogant, that's just really is how it is).

I have the same thing with hearing.

Feb 18, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #41 of 47
Spidey sense. I've been taking martial arts for a while, and I've developed this strange feeling that allows me to block punches coming from either side far out of my range of vision.

Feb 18, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #42 of 47
Whenever I'm not congested or I don't have a cold, I have an incredible sense of smell. And many times I wish I didn't...everything starts smelling annoyingly bad. Maybe I'm pregnant?

Feb 18, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #43 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundGoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was torn between smell and hearing. My hearing is kind of weird; sometimes I have to have someone repeat what they are saying to me several time, but I can usually picks out things musically or sound wise that no one else seems to be able to (I don't mean for that to sound arrogant, that's just really is how it is).

I third that.

Feb 18, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #44 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whenever I'm not congested or I don't have a cold, I have an incredible sense of smell. And many times I wish I didn't...everything starts smelling annoyingly bad. Maybe I'm pregnant?

Oh... hmm... Mrvile, I always thought you were... a guy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back