My first HD-800 cable construction ...
Nov 26, 2010 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

downsize

Member of the Trade
These were an adventure to make !  UPOCC stranded silver in Teflon with two shields, one foil and one braid, with a Teflon outer jacket and covered with cloth cable jacket. Connectors by Via Blue. It is a VERY flexible considering the use of Teflon.

Nov 26, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
They Look Nice downsize, What's the length 1 1/2 meters??? How do they sound??

Length is 6 feet. I have no clue how they sound, because they were made for someone else, and i do not have a pair of HD-800s. But they should sound really, really good. It is the very best wire and construction I know of for headphone cables.

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 7
Looks nice.  My only warning is to bring the glue shrink halfway up the curvy part of the HD800 plug (the longest part of it).  If you can unscrew the barrel right now, that can put pressure on the solder joints when the cable moves around.  Of course if it's filled with superglue internally or something, then no problem.  

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Looks nice.  My only warning is to bring the glue shrink halfway up the curvy part of the HD800 plug (the longest part of it).  If you can unscrew the barrel right now, that can put pressure on the solder joints when the cable moves around.  Of course if it's filled with superglue internally or something, then no problem.  

Thank you so much for the advice. Luckily, it is indeed glued  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back