My first GOOD headphone purchase.
Jun 26, 2006 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JCDenton513

New Head-Fier
I just purchased a pair of Beyer DT770/80 after wanting to get rid of my old DSP-500 and reading some comments on how they are good for listening to music, dvd's and playing games (which I occationally get into).

So far I can hear things in my music that I couldn't hear before. Good things I might add. I love the fact that they are closed because they drown out some of the ambient noice in my room which is good because my computer is a bit loud. I've played some UT2004 and they work really nice with them.

I am ordering the PA2v2 to go along with these which I also learned about from reading these forums.

So far they are really comfortable and I hardly notice I am wearing them.

I would also like to know if there is anything that I should get for these as I read that the inner foam goes bad after awhile.

Also what are some good equalizer settings I should use to get the most out of my headphones.

Here's to the start of my what I'm sure won't be the end of my headphone purchases.

Jun 26, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCDenton513
Here's to the start of my what I'm sure won't be the end of my headphone purchases.

I am pretty sure it won't be as well.
Congrats on the Beyers. They are headphones that I want to own oneday as well. Enjoy them and use them. Welcome to the forum, please see the Blue sentence in my sig.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 10
mmm...the DT770's were my first headphone purchase too. Sooner or later, you should get them Darth Beyer'd at headphile. Anyways, congrats on the purchase. I'd recommend not using the EQ, but that's just me.

Jun 27, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 10
Personally I wouldn't use any EQ eaither.

Hope you enjoy your new headphones for years to come!

Jun 27, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 10
Congrats on your purchase. I think you should adjust your eq only slightly in any direction that gives YOU a sound that you prefer. If you don't really want to mess around with it, then leave it be and enjoy the 'phones
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 10
*sniffle*

I always get all teary when people love their DT770s as much as I do...

Let's all hug!

Jun 27, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #8 of 10
Hey everyone.. where's the love at Head-fi.. where's the welcome for the man?? its his first post!! tsk tsk tsk.. so rude..
k1000smile.gif

anyway, JCDenton513, welcome to head-fi.. sorry about your wallet!
basshead.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalidor
sorry about your wallet!
basshead.gif

I'm sure it'll recover.

But I was pretty much leaving the eq alone. I'm using linux and the only eq worth bothering with is one's in individual programs.

But at some point I'd like to try the Audio Technica A900 but wanted to get these because of the fact that I might not be able to get the 80 ohm Beyers in the future.

But I'm happy so my wallet definatly doesn't feel cheated. I've spent my money more carelessly in the past.

Jun 27, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCDenton513
I'm sure it'll recover.

But I was pretty much leaving the eq alone. I'm using linux and the only eq worth bothering with is one's in individual programs.

But at some point I'd like to try the Audio Technica A900 but wanted to get these because of the fact that I might not be able to get the 80 ohm Beyers in the future.

But I'm happy so my wallet definatly doesn't feel cheated. I've spent my money more carelessly in the past.

As long as you're happy, then I guess the sky's the limit, right?

I hear ramen noodles taste really good though
tongue.gif

anyways, welcome to head-fi! (sry i didn't say that earlier)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back