My first diy amp!(mini3)
Jan 15, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #16 of 40
The Hohodiy kit does come with enclosure. The enclosure can be seen in the pics on my FS mini3, check out the my sig.

The currency is TWD.

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #17 of 40
Like others said, the hohodiy mini3 comes with enclosure and plastic face plates, everything you need to build the amp, besides battery and charger.

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is your experience in DIY? I am thinking of getting either a Alien DAC or M3 for a first time project.
smily_headphones1.gif

The AMB offerings are very easy to build. I had very little DIY experience and I managed to put a CKKIII together with no problems at all. It was a lot of fun. I will tend to agree with something I have heard on this site many times, though: Casing is the hardest part of the entire build.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by uevon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much does the kit run you... rather not sign up for the site just yet :p

1950 + shipping. Not kidding.

Jan 16, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #25 of 40
That is $58 US, and EMS to HK cost $11. Much less expensive than glass jar.

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #27 of 40
EMS to HK took a day exactly. I expected at least two days, I was presently surprised. I paid for the amp and chose shipping method. Then they'll figure out the exact shipping rate and send you an email with the payment link, you pay for shipping costs, and they ship out immediately.

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #28 of 40
I don't know anything about the Hong Kong company, but I do know that J Rossel of Glass Jar Audio is a very reputable businessman. That goes a long way to make up for differences in costs.

F

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #29 of 40
So I just ordered a mini3 kit from hobodiy.com just now, OR tried to. I'm sorta confused now since I confirmed an order but their credit card form is entirely in Taiwanese so because of that, I just cancelled it. But on their order history page, the status says "received order notice" What? Ahhhh

*waits for email?

Jan 18, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #30 of 40
Mail them and ask for the url for the english form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back