My First Customs
Nov 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4
Not sure what to expect. Do different manufacturers have different customization processes?

I've never had custom IEMs, so would be interested to hear about what happens on the consumer end. Any recommendations would be helpful, too.

Side note: I noticed the IEM "hall of fame" on head-fi starts at #7, and then jumps down a few rank places again. Why is the IEM list missing rankings?

Best

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 4
First, order your pair of CIEMs online or through the phone. If you have questions regarding the product, I'm sure there is no better person to talk to than a representative. Once you filled your order, they will ask you to go to an Audiologist and obtain ear impressions, though this all depends as well as some companies require Musician Impressions, or just more basic impressions, but that's not really important at this stage. Once you done all that, ship it off to the address they provided and once it arrives, they should start making your CIEMs sooner or later. Once it's done, shipped to you and if the fit is good, you keep it and if the fit is bad, you send them back with a new ear impression for a refit. I believe Musician's impressions is deeper and a bit thicker, but it's all personal preference. I don't have a musician's fit in my CIEM, but for my next re-shell, I will ask if I can as I prefer deeper fits.

Ehh, I don't really follow the hall of fame. I trust my ears only 
etysmile.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Not sure what to expect. Do different manufacturers have different customization processes?

I've never had custom IEMs, so would be interested to hear about what happens on the consumer end. Any recommendations would be helpful, too.

Side note: I noticed the IEM "hall of fame" on head-fi starts at #7, and then jumps down a few rank places again. Why is the IEM list missing rankings?

Best

Which part of the world so you live in ?  what's your budget ?

What sort of sound so you like (bass heavy/neutral/'V shaped etc. etc.) ? What sort of music do you listen to ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back