My first audiophile headphones
Jul 29, 2011 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

anjuice

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody. I'm receiving a pair of HD 555's, my first expensive pair of headphones. I'm pretty excited. I'm glad I found this forum, because it's shed new light on what I look at when it comes to audio equipment. I can't wait for them to ship in :D. Why did I make this thread? I don't know, I don't have anywhere else to show my excitement haha.

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 27

Quote:
Hey everybody. I'm receiving a pair of HD 555's, my first expensive pair of headphones. I'm pretty excited. I'm glad I found this forum, because it's shed new light on what I look at when it comes to audio equipment. I can't wait for them to ship in :D. Why did I make this thread? I don't know, I don't have anywhere else to show my excitement haha.

Hey there. I know how it feels like cause I was in your shoes like a week ago. Currently taking a break by listening to my new Westone UM2. 

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 27
Erus - Awesome :D they seem interesting. I wish there was a local store where I could try out all sorts of headphones/IEMs. I must check out Westones for a far future purchase lol.

sidel - Thanks!!

Jul 29, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #5 of 27
Nice purchase. I was also excited a couple of years ago when i received my headphones...when you upgrade the happiness is greater. 
wink.gif

Jul 30, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Two years ago I was in your position. I ordered a SR60i.

I just purchased a pair of headphones for an amount that could easily feed a man for a year. A month ago I said I wasn't going to upgrade ever again.

Enjoy your HD555s, then RUN.

Jul 30, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #11 of 27
fabio-fi: I'm afraid of getting upgrade-itis!

mralexosborn: I've already been checking out amps/DACs hahah. I was looking at iBasso D2+ Boa. I need to do more research though of course. I just like its form factor and the green color xD

Head Injury: I will try to run away! I'm scared of going crazy and buying everything.

Ozcans: My excitement raised up more cause they'll be here Monday :]. Oh the portapros are nice, my cousin has a pair. He didn't know how popular they were until I showed him some posts about it on Head-Fi. I'll try my best to enjoy them, but I'm planning to hopefully be happy for 2+ years before I will bite the bullet on another pair of headphones! I was reading tons and tons of reviews/information about the HD555. Before I was thinking of the ATH-AD700. I hope what I ordered will satisfy my needs like I'm expecting. Then again, I think anything above the $50 mark will satisfy me haha.

Jul 30, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #12 of 27
Congrats on your purchase! I remember how it was when I bought my first expensive headphones. I thought the hd280s would be all that I need and I would walk away from hi fi for life. Fast forward 3 years later, I decided to lurk back onto this forum and that is when the trouble began again lol 

Jul 31, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #13 of 27
DeltaOne: Thanks! I thought the HD201s and Panasonic RP-HTX7 were all I needed, but I was definitely looking for more. I didn't think I'd really be hungry for great audio, but I happen to fall for audio equipment once I went on these forums. Hopefully I'll be happy with the new phones for a couple of years before I upgrade haha.

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #15 of 27
Congrats on your purchase, I remember getting the HD555 too.. soon afterwards, I stumbled upon this forum and my wallet has been mad at me ever since :p
Better delete your account now, your wallet will thank you! (But your ears might not)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back