My FireFox is running like #%^@!
May 11, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #16 of 25
firefox is funny. It's overall slower than IE and overall takes up much more memory over-time. is there a fix for this? i'll have 2 tabs open and the program starts up with 20-30m of ram usage. 30 minutes later its at 90.

May 11, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #17 of 25
So I downloaded Opera...

Runs great. Seems to be fast. Until this...

I went to eBay and entered in nevada test site. There was a photo of the Able 2 detonation for sale I click on it and get this...

Dear User:
Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You.

What gives? Opera made out of the US?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Photo-Atomic-Bom...QQcmdZViewItem

May 11, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For some reason my Firefox browser is running like crap as of late. I'm on a 1.33 GHz PowerPC G4, got 2 gigs of ram, I've defragged-run Tech Tool Pro and it still has been loading like molasses. I've ended up going back to Safari at the moment. I don't really have that many extras on mine, I've downloaded the latest and copied it over the old one... and no luck. I'm at the end of my rope.
mad.gif

Any suggestions?

interesting. i have a MacBook and just in the past two weeks Firefox has started to go a little schizo. i've been using Safari more and more, even though i hate the friggin popups.

May 11, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #19 of 25
I'm betting whatever the latest build is the problem. I've really had no issues at all with it until a couple of weeks ago.

May 11, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #20 of 25
Here's the other thing that popped up a couple of weeks ago as well. See the graphic bar?

ffoxsg5.jpg

Weird...

May 11, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #24 of 25
firefox is a universal binary right? some apps deemed "universal" wich the source can compile to whatever S you want, are still coded aimed at a certain S and its faults. this is why digidesign writes protools for macs, and emulates alot of the binaries on PC. use something made for mac. like the default browser (wich i think is badass with unofficial CSS3.0 support )

May 11, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by xinoxide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
firefox is a universal binary right? some apps deemed "universal" wich the source can compile to whatever S you want, are still coded aimed at a certain S and its faults. this is why digidesign writes protools for macs, and emulates alot of the binaries on PC. use something made for mac. like the default browser (wich i think is badass with unofficial CSS3.0 support )

I hear you, but my issue is I've had virtually no problems with it at all until recently... and I've been using it for a loong time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back