My Fiio E12 dropped. should I be worried?
Sep 26, 2014 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Saykelle

New Head-Fier
Hey there. I'm in a state of paranoia now. I was charging my Fiio E12 awhile ago when someone entered the room, and accidentally tripped on the charger, causing the amplifier to fall from the desk (a bit high) to the floor. The impact was loud., but when I tried it minutes ago it was working. I think that the sound quality has somehow degraded.. I would like to know if it is possible that there is any kind of damage that could have occurred? Are there any further checks that I should have to do? Thank you!

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 13
I would like to know if it is possible that there is any kind of damage that could have occurred?

Of course. It's possible that if you drop any portable electronics device that it will become damaged. Not sure why someone would ask that question. LOL

However, like zunehdrocks said, unless you hear an extreme difference now, it's also possible that listener expectation bias will make you think you hear a difference because you are worried about your amp. I probably wouldn't worry about it unless you are absolutely positive it sounds substantially (hugely) different than before.

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #4 of 13
Thanks to both you guys. Those statements reduced my worrying. You're right, I don't hear or sense any huge differences in the sound quality, I just feel that the sounds went lower..

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #5 of 13
Thanks to both you guys. Those statements reduced my worrying. You're right, I don't hear or sense any huge differences in the sound quality, I just feel that the sounds went lower..

That can easily be in your head. Humans have terrible audio memory. So if you think it's just a little bit quieter at a given volume setting, definitely sounds like anxiety about dropping it. Can you still crank it up and get good volume out of it?

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #6 of 13
But how is the floor?
wink_face.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #7 of 13
I just dropped mine 3 feet from the desk to the floor and killed it. Fark. The light comes on but no output. nada.

ok im an idiot. after dropping it i hooked it back up wrong. line in was in the headphone out... boy do i feel dumb.

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #10 of 13
Since it's an amp, it doesn't have any moving parts other
than the volume pot and the switch(es).

If it breaks, it tends to either work or not work.
No shades of gray.

So, since it works, I'd not be concerned about it.

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #11 of 13
Yea i was saying I actually wish it had died because it kinda sucks. I just did a back to back with my low tier denon receiver worth maybe 50 bucks today. Guess which one has leaps and bounds more resolution.

bout to get back on the hunt for the right receiver.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #13 of 13
bass boost still preferred. or something known for good sub bass response but better than e12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back