My feeling about the new HD800 "S"
Feb 6, 2016 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Sonic Guild

100+ Head-Fier
Here is my feeling about the HD 800 "S", Senheiser  managed to develop a perfectly natural and accurate headphones long time ago. I am talking about the HD800.

They developed headphones that produce an accurate sound that reflect the "real" nature of the song. This is why they waited so long to come up with a new HD800 "S", that has an absorber to overcome the annoying peak. And extended the lows a little. This is to address customers needs. They did NOT come up with a totally new headphones and claim new sonics! WHY?
The simple answer is HONESTY 
wink.gif

Senheiser is a professional company that does not aim to milk customers for no clear reason like the other companies. Whenever a company come up with a new model every 3-4 years and claim that it is a reference headphones and produce accurate sound, I ask the following questions:

So what about the previous headphones? Aren't they already a reference and produce an accurate sound? What about the new phones are they able to produce the song differently? If yes, this means that there is something missing from the older phones! In other words, the older phones are NOT accurate to reflect the real sonics of a song!

I know that some of you will say that technology is getting better over the time. I agree with you BUT manufacturers have NO right to claim accuracy and realism every 3 years! If a company says accurate and natural, then I expect %100 reflection of the song with no additional/less frequencies. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back