my fav singles from 80s/90s
Dec 16, 2006 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

miTunes75

100+ Head-Fier
I would love to be able to had lossless formats of my favorite songs from the era mentioned in the thread topic. I have considered itunes for the .99 clicks. I know they are not lossless, but at least I don't have to purchase whole albums with only 2-3 tracks that I like. Also, I know there are excellent various artists box sets out there for 80s and 90s music. It doesn't have everything I like, so I'd be purchasing several duplicate tracks if I purchase more than one box set or compilation. I have considered going to the used cd store and just oging crazy on buy the original album the songs came from, but then again, look at all the extra tracks that I may not like. Also, at how many more cds in quantity that I would have.

Totally frustrated here. I guess I AM asking the impossible here

What is it you all do?

~Mark~

Dec 18, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 4
time to bite the bullet. gather up the heavy hitters that at least aren't one-hit wonders, do some research on their best greatest hits package/box set (bands that have been around for a while have more than one - look at Duran Duran and U2 and Depeche Mode for example), price match online, and go for it. it can be cheaper if you join a CD club or www.yourmusic.com or the like as well.

Dec 23, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #4 of 4
Ever considered Amazon. You get used full cd's from the 80's at great bargain prices in the Marketplace.

For example, I just did a quick search for "Rio" - $1.38 + $2.50 shipping = $3.88 total for a classic cd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back