My fantastic portable rig!
Oct 29, 2004 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Dan the audioman

1000+ Head-Fier
Ok, so awhile ago, I bought an Emmiline SR-71, which IMO is the best portable amp out there. Then I picked up a 20gig 4g iPod, which IMO is the best DAP out there. Throw a pair of etys in there, and you got the best portable rig you can get!

Now I think I might have actually gotten all I need in a portable rig. I am truthfully completely satisfied.

Now all I have to do is enjoy!

Here are some pics of the rig and the case I use it in:

ipodiniskinR.jpg

ipodandampR.jpg

closedipodrig.jpg

openfrontR.jpg

openipodrigR.jpg

I hope you liked the pictures!

Best Regards,
Dan

Oct 29, 2004 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 26
Very nice Dan
smily_headphones1.gif
Someday I hope to pick up either the SuperMacro or an SR-71, but until then this maxed out Cmoy (very nice actually) will have to power my ER-4S's while the iHP-120 pumps the tunes out
smily_headphones1.gif

Btw, nice iSkin case, I just got an Ebony one for my iRiver. They are really nice.

You need to post that in the huge pictures thread!

Oct 29, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 26
Tell me about the case. Who makes it, where can I buy it and how much? Did/do you use velcro to hold that iPod and amp or is the loop sufficient for keeping if from sliding around? Any special tips/tricks for routing the cables?

edit: forgot to ask...that case looks like a hard shell. Is it or am I seeing things?

Oct 29, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #6 of 26
Very nice!

Isn't it a nuisance to have to go through 2 different cables and 4 connectors to get the signal to the amp? Maybe we can talk Ray into adding a 90 degree docking plug right to his amp.

Sorry to grumble. I am just frustrated that we have to run wires all over the place to connect 2 components that should just snap together like a couple of Lego blocks.

gerG

Oct 29, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerG
Very nice!

Isn't it a nuisance to have to go through 2 different cables and 4 connectors to get the signal to the amp? Maybe we can talk Ray into adding a 90 degree docking plug right to his amp.

Sorry to grumble. I am just frustrated that we have to run wires all over the place to connect 2 components that should just snap together like a couple of Lego blocks.

gerG

that's why i ordered another xin right angle mini to mini adapter. gets rid of one of the cables. if you dont need the firewire on the sik din you could chop the dongle off too. nice and clean.

Oct 29, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #12 of 26
Glad you're satisfied!
Now for some Sensas/UEs...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 29, 2004 at 5:21 PM Post #14 of 26
No portable DAC?

For Shame!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Tell me about the case. Who makes it, where can I buy it and how much? Did/do you use velcro to hold that iPod and amp or is the loop sufficient for keeping if from sliding around? Any special tips/tricks for routing the cables?

edit: forgot to ask...that case looks like a hard shell. Is it or am I seeing things?

The case is an audio-technica. It is meant for a cd player but it works for my ipod aswell. It is a hard case. That was my number one criteria when I was looking for a case. I bought it for around $30 from www.audiocubes.com about a year ago. Im not sure if they still have it but its worth a try.

The loop does an "ok" job. If I really want to hold it in there Ill wrap it in something so that it fits the loop better. The cables piss me off, but when I have the case closed up, it doesn't matter much.

Quote:

Glad you're satisfied!
Now for some Sensas/UEs...

No no! don't push me. I just got this thing together and I cant afford to buy anything else at the moment. Snowboarding is my top priority right now. I need to get a new board, so that puts all my audio purchases on hold until pretty much next spring...or so i hope...I might buy an iTrip for my car.

Which brings me to my next point. How do u guys like the iTrip? Is it good for a car? I've heard that sometimes it doesnt transfer the ipod's music to the radio very well with the new 4g, but im not sure if its a rumor or not.

Im glad you guys are enjoying my pictures of my portable rig.

Best Regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back