My experience with earphonediylabs
Oct 30, 2019 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

goochygoogoo

Head-Fier
Hi guys i am new here to posting however ive been a lurker in this place!! But eventhough i am not a sound engineer or expert in audio.. i am an owner of shure se535, se425, also sennheiser ie80..

But last month i busted my ie80 and wanting to buy a replacement.. after reading here and a couple of review i found earphonediylabs and with their high praise.. i decided to give them a try!! So last month i took the decision and ordered their er4p and also their ie800 royalblue with silver cable and the 8mm tesla driver upgrade..

He shipped the items within days but however with the chinese holiday - ems sent the items back to earphones diy.. i was really upset by then but earphonediylabs ensure me that they will give me full refund in the case of shipment lost - but they will resend it ems at their own cost!!! And guess what?? They did just that!!! And upon receiving my item i was blown away as they had given me a special upgrade!!

Er4p review..

I ordered the crystal version but earphonediylabs really upgraded the casing so that eventhough it is see through (crystal coloured) but he gave me one pair that are differentiated in colour (blue for left and red for right)!! A nice surprise... but that is not all.. im not an expert so i cant really describe highs lows and mids technically.. but comparing earphonediylabs' er4p kit vs all my earphones (ie80,se535 and 425) - his kit blew all of these out of the water interms of details and clarity.. i tried to compare these phones allnight and there are some sounds that i can hear on the er4p that i didnt know existed before.. so comparing the er4p to se535 that is close to 4x the price i would recommend it any night and day!!

Ie800 royal blue with tesla driver!

This is what i am impressed with.. because it is one of the best sounding earphones ive heard (i paid again 1/4 the price of se535 and 1/8th of real ie800).. i was so skeptical that i went to sennheiser to test the ie800S and honestly edl's ie800 tesla sounded very much the same just with much more louder and also with a clear bass that blew the ie800S out of the water!!! Other than the bass the clarity is very much the same!!! So its pretty much an upgraded ie800S for me!!!

So guys this is just an honest review from me and my experience from them!! I will recommend 100%!!! They are trustworthy and my experience has been great with them!!

ps: if i posted on the wrong thread please forgive me! And mods can delete.. I am just trying to help the community and share my experience with them!!

and the link to the specific iems are here:
https://earphonediylabs.com/shop/diy-kit/ie800-in-royal-blue-diy-kit/
and
https://earphonediylabs.com/shop/diy-kit/etymotic-research-er4p-b-x-extended-range-in-ear-monitors/

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #2 of 6
I think that in December I'll get my hands on a pair of ie800's from them too, with the 7.8mm one that should replicate their original sound... As the site says.

I'll make a review on them (comparisons included) trying to be as objective as possible, because if the products that this company makes reflect their statements they're gonna get the DAMN MONEYS. They also seem to be really nice people and I've seen that they really care about their buyers, and that's already a plus.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 6
I think that in December I'll get my hands on a pair of ie800's from them too, with the 7.8mm one that should replicate their original sound... As the site says.

I'll make a review on them (comparisons included) trying to be as objective as possible, because if the products that this company makes reflect their statements they're gonna get the DAMN MONEYS. They also seem to be really nice people and I've seen that they really care about their buyers, and that's already a plus.
Thanks for the reply!! I cant wait for you to do a comparison with the 7.8mm driver.. i opted for the 8mm tesla because i wanted the creme de la creme.. which i think it did outperform the original ie800s that i tried in the shop (same sound literally with the exception of that edl's royalblue sounded louder and with a head shaking bass with that subwoofer effect that the ie800s doesnt have as much).

but if anything that i can praise the most about edl is their customer service.. they are very patient and communicative along the way!! So i dont think u will be dissapointed.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 6
DCAB1CFC-C105-45E1-9205-D622740209AB.jpeg

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #5 of 6
I also have an ie800 from them and was overall impressed. I have the original drivers because I wanted them as close to the originals as possible. Very solid bass response with some distortion on some very heavy bass pieces. Good impact on some songs like Phil Collins in the air tonight.

If anyone is interested in a pair of their flagship xelento send me a PM, they’re worth listening too as well.

I have the frequency graph for the specific iems as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back