My Ety\s crapped out!
Sep 10, 2005 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Gopher

Member of the Trade: LampizatOr Audio
Yesterday while mowing the lawn and listening to some tunes I suddenly became aware of one of my headphones (ER6i) playing significantly lower then the other.

I figured it must have been a problem with the seal, stopped what I was doing and attempted to re-insert properly. No such luck! One of my drivers sounds like its shot. Its playing at like 1/10th the volume of the other and it is not a seal issue nor is it an issue with the headphone jack.

Any idea what this might be? I'm sure its still warrantied (purchased new from TTVJ) but would rather not wait weeks and weeks for a replacement/repair from etymotic.

Sep 10, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Well, if you sweat like I do, at the mere thought of manual labor, my first and last guess would be that you got some moisture inside the tube part that sticks in your ear. I have read about these canalphones getting a little moisture in there, and then playing at a reduced volume until they dry out. I would just sit them aside for a day or two and see if the situation improves before trying to RMA them or anything.

Sep 10, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Also, check the filter on the side in question
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back