My Ety ER-4Ps with Custom Earmolds Vanished In The Airport ... ES2s Next
Aug 2, 2005 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

FenderP

500+ Head-Fier
Well, somewhere between my flight from Austin, TX, to Dallas, TX, and before my flight home to Boston, my ER-4Ps grew legs. They had the Westone earmolds I had made recently, making this more painful.

Instead of rushing into buying anything and being disappointed, I've picked up a pair of Sony EX81s. They are OK for what they are - $50 headphones. I didn't expect the detail or greatness of my ER-4Ps (although they do have a bit more bass than mt Etys did, sad to say).

In reading the posts here, I think I may get the Westone ES2s. Having had Westone custom earmolds, I really liked them. The UM2 seems OK, but if I'm going whole hog, I might as well go all the way. The ES3, while it has 3 drivers, seems a bit much for what I need.

I had considered getting another set of ER-4Ps, but I wanted a bit more bass. Don't get me wrong - the 4Ps served me well for 2 years. The Shure line doesn't thrill me, and based on what I've read, the Westones seem like a better deal all around and are good (if not better to some) than the more expensive E5c which is 2 years old at this point.

I looked into the SuperFi ones, but there are too many mixed reviews here. Plus, they don't seem to match with what I want sonically.

I have an appointment to get my ears re-molded in 2 weeks. So we'll see what happens!

Aug 2, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenderP
Well, somewhere between my flight from Austin, TX, to Dallas, TX, and before my flight home to Boston, my ER-4Ps grew legs. They had the Westone earmolds I had made recently, making this more painful.

Instead of rushing into buying anything and being disappointed, I've picked up a pair of Sony EX81s. They are OK for what they are - $50 headphones. I didn't expect the detail or greatness of my ER-4Ps (although they do have a bit more bass than mt Etys did, sad to say).

In reading the posts here, I think I may get the Westone ES2s. Having had Westone custom earmolds, I really liked them. The UM2 seems OK, but if I'm going whole hog, I might as well go all the way. The ES3, while it has 3 drivers, seems a bit much for what I need.

I had considered getting another set of ER-4Ps, but I wanted a bit more bass. Don't get me wrong - the 4Ps served me well for 2 years. The Shure line doesn't thrill me, and based on what I've read, the Westones seem like a better deal all around and are good (if not better to some) than the more expensive E5c which is 2 years old at this point.

I looked into the SuperFi ones, but there are too many mixed reviews here. Plus, they don't seem to match with what I want sonically.

I have an appointment to get my ears re-molded in 2 weeks. So we'll see what happens!

Keep checking lost and found - may turn up but unlikely.

Aug 2, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells
Keep checking lost and found - may turn up but unlikely.

Not in the US...

Good luck on your next pair, FenderP. I have the ER4 now, and wonder if I will have to lose them in order to convince myself to upgrade someday. Maybe you should wait until I get the funds (RE: fifteen years) and steal mine.
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
that sucks...

Good luck with the new ones!

Yeah ... I hope the new ones work out. It's a quest, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

I was sick to my stomach considering I just had the earmolds made about 2 months ago. They definitely helped out in my experience with the Etys. Much more comfortable to wear and use.

Aug 2, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 6
All I can say is that I feel very bad for you... even losing one of my headphohnes or IEM's would really make me upset. I hope your quest works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back