My Ety cable just started malfunctioning
Oct 19, 2007 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Schalldampfer

1000+ Head-Fier
Is there any DIYer here who make aftermarket cables? I'm going to still send them in for repairs, but I thought maybe it's time for me to invest a little in something... better.

I know cantsleep makes cables for the ER-4, but I can't really recall how he does it.

Oct 19, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any DIYer here who make aftermarket cables? I'm going to still send them in for repairs, but I thought maybe it's time for me to invest a little in something... better.

I know cantsleep makes cables for the ER-4, but I can't really recall how he does it.

I think cantsleep only makes the 75 ohms adapter, not the whole cable--driver to plug. As of now, only APureSound offers that.

I have the original Ety 'S' 100 ohm cable for sale if you want. Send me a PM.

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #4 of 4
Call Etymotic customer service. Get an RMA number and send them in. I have sent my ER-6 twice, as well as the ER-4P twice to Etymotic. All of the work was wear and tear related with normal or abnormal use. They charged NOTHING and sent the items back fixed for free. They got the BEST customer service I have ever experienced. No if buts, questions or anything, just send them in and that was all.

I am quite glad that Headroom is distributing them again. They were one of the original in the ear channel headphone company that made hifi sets, way before all the Shures and whatnots out there. Furthermore, their stuff is made in our shores. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back