My emu0404 is acting funny
Aug 14, 2010 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fangmasterflex

100+ Head-Fier
Recently when playing music through my computer, the music itself will speed up, slowdown, and stutter randomly.  This usually precedes an error saying
"Unknown Error. 
Error code: 1  Windows error message:
Undefined external error."
which stops any wav output from playing on my computer.  The only strange temporary solution i've found to work is to have my music output to ASIO instead of WAV, and then switch the output back to WAV.  Could my soundcard be on the verge of death?  Or could this be another problem?

Aug 14, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #2 of 4
Sounds more like a software issue, what audio player are you using ?

Sometimes my 0404 messes up with sampling rate and i have to close any software which is using the card and reset it manually, however if it occurs to you very frequently, you could try to reinstall the emu drivers.

Aug 15, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #3 of 4
I have been using Winamp and foobar2k - the error happens in both.  In foobar the error reads "Unrecoverable playback error: Unknown error code (0x8889000F)".  I've tried reinstalling the drivers before but I get the same issue.  We had a thunderstorm recently which knocked out power to my computer, and since then my music playback has been acting funny.  I'm thinking the card may have gotten damaged in the storm, at least that's my best guess so far :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back