my electronics prowess in full (or no) effect
Oct 20, 2005 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lan

Videographus Supremus:Makes audio cables using super-advanced materials, like "some clear tape" and "some not so clear tape."
Although I would consider myself above average in dealing with electronics of various sorts, I have managed to discover something new..

Do not put regular soap in the dishwasher.
eek.gif
There are bubbles everywhere! yay! I normally engage in manual had washing and clean up after myself so there's no purposes in running the washer for a few dishes. Also my mother made me to do it by hand when I was small plus we couldn't afford one back then.

So what's up with all the suds coming out? I figure this thing was water tight. Why aren't they built like clothing washing machines?
confused.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 6
Ah yes, the wonderful differences between soap and detergent...
tongue.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #3 of 6
Apply some clear tape. That seals up that dishwasher but good!
icon10.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan

So what's up with all the suds coming out? I figure this thing was water tight. Why aren't they built like clothing washing machines?
confused.gif

Soap breaks the surface tension of water, so it is "thinner", so that is why it seeps out, but regular water doesn't.

LOL, try using dishwashing liquid in the clothes washer it'll be even worse.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Oct 21, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan

confused.gif

Actually, dishwashing liquid or soaps will mess up most automatic clotheswashers as well! They need "low sudsing" detergents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back