My eBay account was Hax0red
Aug 11, 2003 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 14
frown.gif

Aug 11, 2003 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 14
report it to eBay. Have the account closed. Maybe you can get the buyers/sellers contacting that account warned.

Maybe you can get your account back.

You don't use one of those "password hints" do you? I wish sites wouldn't offer hints for passwords, that's just bad security on their part.

Aug 11, 2003 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by maverick_12
Just do like, Whats your mothers maiden name?
put ijofoi32jIOFDfoi4r43i
something no one will ever get. etc etc.

Thank you, I just did that!

Aug 11, 2003 at 5:36 AM Post #7 of 14
I hope this doesn't sound too lame but, who is Mr 1337?
What happens when he wins an auction?
I buy stuff on Ebay but have never tried selling. I don't understand what would be the advantage to hacking someone elses account. What could be gained by that?

Aug 11, 2003 at 5:56 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
I buy stuff on Ebay but have never tried selling. I don't understand what would be the advantage to hacking someone elses account. What could be gained by that?

"1337" is shorthand for "elite" written in "hax0r." You don't want to know. It's a PC gamer thing.

The person can scam people by hijacking an account with positive feedback. He can change the account settings, sell something, receive payment, screw the buyer, and disappear. I bet he asks payment to be sent to a PO box. He can make money doing this if its a high-dollar item, like a computer or collectable watch.

I hope pigmode is contacting eBay about the account.

Aug 11, 2003 at 5:57 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD

I think you could do some schill (sp?) bidding, post bogus feedback, and probably some other stuff I can't think of atm.

Aug 11, 2003 at 3:09 PM Post #12 of 14
Actually it was eBay that contacted me, and closed my account. I have to plug in a new password to get started again. I've recieved so far one "I want my money!" email for an item that the hax0r bought through my acct. Gotta monitor my CC accts for a while...

Aug 11, 2003 at 4:03 PM Post #13 of 14
That sucks, man, hope things work out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back