My ear/canalphone quest
Jun 10, 2005 at 7:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

violante

100+ Head-Fier
Having recently traded away my e2c's, I'm now in the market for another pair of either ear or canalphones. I want something that will stay in my ear while running, is very basic and low profile (sound quality isn't a big factor for these), and is fairly comfortable. I had sealing issues in one of my ears with the e2c, which in many respects was more annoying than it would have been to have no isolation at all. So, here is what I'm looking for:

-Equal sided cable (I'm sorry but I just can't stand earphones which have the bloody unequal sides)

-Cable must be at least 4 feet, but not too excessive in length

-Very plain and low profile, preferably all black

-Cheap (below $30 unless there is good reason to be spending more)

-Stay in the ear for any brisk walking or jogging which may occur

-Not too much isolation, but this really isn't an issue either way and would put it below all of the other deciding factors

I would be willing to consider earphones, but I'm afraid they won't stay in my ear while running. I really don't know what to think of the plug, although it is definitely within the price range and could be something I'd want to try if I find a couple people who can give them a positive review. The MDR is also an option, but I already have access to a pair I can test. Any other options or comoments on what was previously mentioned would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
etysmile.gif

Corey

Jun 10, 2005 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 5
might want to take a look at the sony ex81. I am not sure about the cord though. Maybe you could think about some clip-ons like the Koss KCS75, they are pretty highly recommended around here for the price.

Jun 10, 2005 at 7:41 AM Post #3 of 5
IS there anyone who has tried the plug and can give it a positive review? I've looked at clip-ons, but really don't like the feel of them (but thanks for the suggestion nonetheless).

Additionally, what's the difference between the plug and the sparkplug? There don't appear ro be many differences other than looks, but maybe I'm missing something.

I've also been looking at the Senn MXs, but I'm not sure if those have the equal sided cable I'm looking for.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated...

Jun 10, 2005 at 9:07 AM Post #4 of 5
the Creative EP-630 seems to fit your needs perfectly. all black, under $30, equal side cords, 4 feet cable, canalphones, plain and low profile. if they are available at where you stay, the ep630 seems like a good fit for you.
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #5 of 5
Look pretty much perfect...only problem is that they look to be a European product. Thanks a lot for the suggestion and I'll do my best to find some way to get these to Canada...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back