My E17 "Alpen" Velcro imod (pics)
Apr 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bleether

100+ Head-Fier
I love using the Alpen with my iPhone, but i got sick of the rubber bands getting in the way of the screen,so I decided to do a Velcro iMod on my Phone.

Materials:
Industrial Strength Sticky Velcro. $3.00
Cheap iPhone molded case. $8.69
Razor Blade. $0.00 i had some.

Here is my Alpen.

This is the iPhone molded case i bought with the Velcro attached to the back.

This is the back side of the Alpen. I left the rubber feet on, and i cut groves around the feet for the Velcro using my razor blade. I thought it would be cool to cut a little square for the Alpen logo. :)

Alpen attached to the case. (no phone in it because i am using it to take the photos!)

Side view of the Alpen attached to the case vertically.

I have tested this out, in and out of my pocket, for about 3 hours of use, and it is very secure. It takes a considerable amount of force to separate the Alpen from the case. This isn't going to detach unless you want it to. I am loving the fact i left the rubber feet on it because when it is not attached to the case there enough room for it to rest on its little feet, but when it is attached to the case, the combined thickness of the two Velcros is enough to lift the feet off the phone case, thus making secure contact.

I am loving this ! took me about 15 minutes to put together!

May 3, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 6
i just sold my Alpen as a Velcro mod with case for 250 bucks on Amazon. $90 bucks profit not bad :p

May 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #4 of 6
Glad you liked the mod. Yeah i love my computer. I play lots of games on it :)
Quote:
That is an awesome idea, and I am going to use that with my devices.

P.S nice laptop.

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #5 of 6
^

Mar 8, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 6
Man, its been nearly 4 years since i purchased this. Daily use and the battery on this thing finally gave out. No big deal though, i found a replacement on Amazon for $12 bucks shipped.

This thing is durable as hell. So much use out of it. Still happy with this purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back