My dvd-a disc sound horible!
Oct 28, 2002 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PAGEFAULT

Head-Fier
Hey all! I have a JVC xv-d723 dvd-audio player a few months ago for 150$. I finaly got some dvd-a dics but Im very disapointed! Why is the quality so bad? Right now I have it conected to my old reciver and then to my hd580s. it makes my mp3s sound good. The only thing I can think of is that the dvd-a is 5.1, but it is downmixed to 2ch audio? Any sugestions. I got some Acoustic Reasearch cables too.

Oct 29, 2002 at 8:27 AM Post #2 of 5
btw, i tryed regular cds and it sounds great. I guess downmixing from 5.1ch just makes it sound muddy. Oh well
frown.gif

Oct 29, 2002 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 5
Don't most, if not all, DVD-A discs offer a stereo track in addition to the multi-channel? Try selecting that and see what you get.

Also make sure to pick the high-resolution track, not a Dolby Digital track, as these are highly compressed. You might need to connect your DVD-A player to a TV set, if it isn't already, to access the menus on the DVD-A.

KJP

Nov 3, 2002 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin P
Don't most, if not all, DVD-A discs offer a stereo track in addition to the multi-channel? Try selecting that and see what you get.

Nope. They're really pushing the multi-channel aspect. Which is too bad, because short of getting a second pair of K1000's and balancing both pairs on my head and running them through two different sets of amplifiers fed by some processor that can change 5.1 to pseudo-quadraphonic, this does not do much good with headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back