MY DT770 PROS ARE BROKEN!!?!?!?!?
Jul 4, 2003 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

vandit

100+ Head-Fier
DAMNIT, i think my dt's are broken!!!

the left channel starts to rattle with music with deep bass, what can i do!?

i use a meta 42 amp with ad8620 op amp triple buffers, ted's excelent mini to mini cable.. its only my left channel that rattles! its like something is inside of it thats rattling,

its most obvious when i turn on my computer microphone and i like breathe on it. the left channel rattles while my right is pristine
frown.gif

what can i do about this!?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2003 at 3:15 AM Post #3 of 21
maybe there's a hair or some other debris caught inside it. Blow into it, maybe it'll fly out.

Jul 4, 2003 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by vandit
DAMNIT, i think my dt's are broken!!!

the left channel starts to rattle with music with deep bass, what can i do!?

i use a meta 42 amp with ad8620 op amp triple buffers, ted's excelent mini to mini cable.. its only my left channel that rattles! its like something is inside of it thats rattling,

its most obvious when i turn on my computer microphone and i like breathe on it. the left channel rattles while my right is pristine
frown.gif

what can i do about this!?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

frown.gif
try to send them back if you can

they should make headphones out of the titanium they use for glasses, so you could bend and strech them without causing breakage

also, are you actually from yorba linda or are you just a fan of somethingawful?

Jul 4, 2003 at 3:44 AM Post #5 of 21
yea im from yorba linda
redface.gif

but **** man i dont wanna go through the trouble of trying to fix them.... ****

ill contact beyer, i have warrentee u think it will cover it?

Jul 4, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #6 of 21
I am currently having the same problems with my 770's. I sent them off to be repaired under warranty and they returned them to me in the same condition.

So, I shipped them back again. It is kind of a pain because it takes about 2 weeks to get them back and these are my main phones.

Jul 4, 2003 at 2:11 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by greenhorn
Vandit, Scamper,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have.

Could you give some indication on the volume you are usually listening to those cans?

well i really didnt notice until i would play counter-strike with out my headphones on... so id turn the volume a notch so i can hear things still...

i wasnt that carefull with my headphones either, i threw them in my backpack when i went to italy a few weeks ago...

i listen to them pretty loud i would believe. ;o

Jul 4, 2003 at 5:03 PM Post #9 of 21
I listen to mine at very moderate to low levels. I am fairly careful with my headphones. Generally I only use them at home (with my DJ Mixer) and at work with a nomad jukebox 3 and a cha 47 (Mp3's ripped with Lame and 192 VBR).

I have noticed that really hot recordings cause the problem more. But, when I use my other headphones (ER6), I do not hear the same issues.

Jul 4, 2003 at 5:23 PM Post #10 of 21
I just realised I have the exact same problem, while listening to some bass testing songs at high volume, theres rattle coming out of the left channel
frown.gif

EDIT: They dont rattle at very high volume on my computer or straight out of my nomad... it only happens on my nad 522 CDP...

Jul 4, 2003 at 6:43 PM Post #11 of 21
O no, I want to get the non pro DT770s. ****. I better not get any problems. Headphones just aren't made to last.............

Jul 5, 2003 at 12:45 PM Post #12 of 21
how is the pro of any less quality than the non-pro version?

Jul 5, 2003 at 2:23 PM Post #13 of 21
I never said it was. Also, the DT770 pro and non pro are the same driver. The man said his problem was with the driver, not with the other parts of the headphone.

Jul 5, 2003 at 3:58 PM Post #14 of 21
my apologies. your comment on wanting to get the non-pro when this thread pertained to a fault in the thread-starter's dt770 pro led me to that (faulty) conclusion.

EDIT: also IMO headphones can last almost forever if you treat them reasonably well.

Jul 5, 2003 at 9:21 PM Post #15 of 21
It's no problem. I can understand.

As for headphones. Taking care of them means no one uses them except you. Kinda difficult in my house cause everyone is using my stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back