My Digital Music Rig needs DAC/Amp
Oct 8, 2007 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Denver Max

100+ Head-Fier
I have been building this setup in my mind for a couple months now, and here's what I have put together:

I have an awesome little Mac Mini, and the only reason why I bought it was to run iTunes as a digital music hub. It's connected to an external hard drive where the music is stored.
- The Mac Mini has USB and Mini-Toslink Out

I have a magnificent pair of Beyer DT990s on my head, and plan to also have a pair of Ultrasone Proline 750 by Mid-November

In between these two items I have....nothing. Nothing but $300 that is.

I do not need anything portable,
I do not need anything small,
I do not want to go with a portable amp for this home rig (when I'm portable I use unamped IEMs).
I don't have any problem getting a DAC separate from an Amp, or going for a hybrid device.

I'm an Apple enthusiast and appreciate good design, so a good-looking DAC/amp is also something important to me.

I have no skills when it comes to soldering or being able to roll op-amps on something, so I don't want a DIY kit to fiddle with.

So I'm looking for a DAC of some sort, and also a decent headphone amplifier to work with the 250ohm DT990 and later an Ultrasone Proline 750.

Could you guys help me? Thanks in advance. I'm really excited about this rig, and with your help I can complete it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back