My Denon 370 is very sick...=(
Oct 17, 2001 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

actimation

Head-Fier
My Denon has just not been functioning properly for the last week. I would pop in cds and either the machine would keep spinning or it just won't detect it at all.

Any suggestion what may be the problem and if it can still be salvaged?

Mark

On the side note, I don't think I'll be selling my second Denon.

Oct 17, 2001 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 6
Well, you could try hitting the lens with some compressed air. And if that doesn't work use something more invasive like a lens cleaner CD.

Oct 17, 2001 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 6
Try the above suggestions, but I think flashbak is correct in his guess that it's a laser problem. A cd-rom drive I used to have had the same symptoms, and it was a laser problem.

Oct 17, 2001 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 6
I had a 1990 Kenwood 5 disc player that someone gave to me and it would work 3/4 of the time and then other times it would not recognize the cd. It was really cool looking i wish I hadn't tried to adjust the laser, after that it was wrecked.

How much have you used your player? If it's a lot maybe the laser is worn out if not then it might just need a cleaning, or the grease on the laser rail could be drying up and making it stick.

Oct 17, 2001 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 6
This sounds similar to a problem I had on my old (very old!) sony cd player.

Basically what it boiled down to was that the laser focussing mechanism had collapsed in on itself and wasn't letting the beam through. If I remember right it cost about £70.00 but this was about 10 years ago.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back