My D25s having problem or what?
Aug 17, 2002 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

katsudon1

100+ Head-Fier
Just got this NOS D25s for 3 days. I just found it fail to pick up single for half of my CD collection. I am having a faulty unit or what? D25s owners, please comment. I know older PCDP may have problems with newer form CDs and CD-Rs. But unable to pay half of my collection is quite a disappointment.

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 13
When I did some research on the D-25S in these forums, I found that some people had the same problem you are having. If you ordered from Silicon Salvage, I would suggest calling them up and explaining your problem. You can probably exchange your unit for another one that (hopefully) works better.

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by wab
My D250 (=european D25) reads all my CD's and CDR's (my CDR's are all burnt at 1 or 2 speed). It also handles scratched CD's quite well.

Oh no
eek.gif

Sounds like I have a lemon. Thanks for the advice, Freddy. But I am afraid shipping it all the way from Hong Kong to US isn't that economical. I guess I could have bought a new unit with the backward and forward postage.

Aug 18, 2002 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 13
katsudon1,
Contact Silicon Salvage like Freddy said, I think you will find they will send you another without you having to send yours back. Very nice customer service in my opinion.

Aug 19, 2002 at 4:33 AM Post #7 of 13
I've had mine for a couple of weeks, and not a single problem to report. I've been using a variety of newer, older, and CD-R's without incident. I've been so pleased, I'm actually considering ordering another.

Sorry to hear about your problems...good luck working them out.

Aug 25, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #8 of 13
I actually live about 5 miles from silicone salvage. I picked up a DS25S friday. Sound is tremendous. I kinda of did a walkaround on the portable power situation. I went done to rat shack and picked up part # 273-143, replacement adaptaplug socket , another #273-1716 "m" adaptorplug, a heavy duty 9v clip. I then sodered the 9v clip to the socket pigtail, pluged it into the back of the D25S, and battery power. So far I've been able to run about 5 hrs on a 9v alkline. I imagine a ion should get a lil bit more. Crude, but effective.

Aug 25, 2002 at 3:20 AM Post #9 of 13
katsudon1,

I ran a variety of CD's, both old and new thru the unit and have had no problems. Have you contacted SS ?

Aug 25, 2002 at 3:26 AM Post #10 of 13
Seems to be really hit and miss with this player. You hear about a lot of lemons, but I got mine from SS quite a few months ago (when they first started selling on ebay) and it has been able to handle every CD that I have thrown at it (including 2 different brands of CD-R's), and I thrown a LOT of CD's at it.

Aug 25, 2002 at 6:49 AM Post #11 of 13
Hello everyone…
biggrin.gif

I been reading the head-fi forums for quite some time and I finally decided to post … I want to share a web page I found while I was searching for a solution to skippy cd players (some d-25s)…this page has a very detailed cd players faq that may be helpful since they talk about lubricating the unit and troubleshooting skiping units.. It also has a interesting database of laser units from several players..including the classics d-555, d-25, d-5…..it shows 2 different laser units reported for the 25

http://www.blackpudding.fsnet.co.uk/...tter/index.htm

Aug 25, 2002 at 5:13 PM Post #12 of 13
Mekanoplastic,
Welcome to the board and thanks for sharing an informative website.

Purk

Aug 25, 2002 at 11:15 PM Post #13 of 13
mekanoplastik:

Welcome...and (standard Head-Fi greeting...you'll figure out why in short order) sorry about your wallet!!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back