My custom CMoy Boards Arrived! **Pics inside & Parts List**
Oct 5, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #106 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The datasheet for OPA2227 says that the operating range is 2.5 to 18.0 V, so it doesn't appear to be a picky op-amp regarding voltage. Some people believe more power is better even for op-amps like these, but since it's not picky, there is not likely to be a significant audible difference, though there will be a difference in battery life.

I appreciate the help, thanks!

One more newb question, if I decide not to use the optional R5 resistors, do I have to just use a plain jumper in that spot? Or can I leave it empty?

Oct 5, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #107 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphexii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One more newb question, if I decide not to use the optional R5 resistors, do I have to just use a plain jumper in that spot? Or can I leave it empty?

Something must be bridging those connections, otherwise the circuit won't be completed. Use a jumper.
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #108 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something must be bridging those connections, otherwise the circuit won't be completed. Use a jumper.
biggrin.gif

Gotcha thanks.

One more newb question if I may. Between the positive and negative battery strap soldering pads (directly below the 8 pin dip) is a smaller hole. Do I just solder a straight small jumper in there? (almost like a plug?)

LINK

Oct 6, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #109 of 149
I can't remember what Josh said that was for, but yes, as far as I remember I just soldered in a jumper and nipped off the ends on both sides, which is what seems to be going on in that picture.

Oct 6, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #111 of 149
Whew! All done! Thanks for the help guys!

I am not doing too well putting this thing into a tin though, even using a template I'm having a heck of a time getting the holes properly sized and lined up properly.

I'm really considering getting that tiny Hammond case (~$13) and getting a custom Front Panel Express, which came out to ~ $16 plus shipping. Around $30 total, might not be a bad solution for me as the case is killing me
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #112 of 149
Dang it's been busy here last few days!

Sorry I didn't answer the questions myself, I was working & went to my grandpa's 90th b-day.

I've wanted to do a PFX for a Hammond case, but I got impatient with its program and didn't design.

What problems are you having with mint tin case?

Oct 6, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #113 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang it's been busy here last few days!

Sorry I didn't answer the questions myself, I was working & went to my grandpa's 90th b-day.

I've wanted to do a PFX for a Hammond case, but I got impatient with its program and didn't design.

What problems are you having with mint tin case?

No prob. I think my paper punch just sucks, it almost had me crying like a little girl trying to break through both an altoids tin and the zippo tin I wanted to try. I eventually make it through, but its not turning out so well as I had to push so hard it started to disfigure the tin
smily_headphones1.gif
Then i tried punching the line outs and it went down from there. Just so hard to make it through, the punch slipped to the side a bit and now the holes don't line up...

I actually got the design of the PFX done I think, just trying to decide if i want to spend the $30 on the case total (PFX + Enclosure). Though, the idea of a black enclosure with black fill letters just makes me smile
smily_headphones1.gif

I have to say though, I'm kinda amazed I got this thing to work on the first try. Sounds GREAT! I'm using a single 9v, vishay's, 2227, white LED. Though right now, i'm enjoying it as it sits on a antistatic bag
wink.gif
Great job on the PCB btw, really helps out the newbs such as myself! THANKS!

EDIT: Just had an idea. My dad is big into woodworking, wonder if he could craft a small wooden case for me. Hmmmm.

Oct 6, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #114 of 149
That would be cool..it would be like a RA clone
cool.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #115 of 149
has anyone used 2 opa134pa? i have them and i have problem with the virtual ground.the volts before connecting the opa's is 4,5 and 4,5 at the capacitors.but when i connect them it falls to 7 volts and 1.i dont use TLE2426 but the classic resistors and capacitors.so the soun is heavily distorted.

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #116 of 149
A CMoy in a Hammond case, etc. would look very nice. The main virtues of the Altoids tin is that it is cheap and once was unusual...

I mounted mine in a plastic polycarbonate case and have been happy with it that way.

F

Oct 7, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #118 of 149
Oct 9, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #120 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphexii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No prob. I think my paper punch just sucks, it almost had me crying like a little girl trying to break through both an altoids tin and the zippo tin I wanted to try. I eventually make it through, but its not turning out so well as I had to push so hard it started to disfigure the tin
smily_headphones1.gif
Then i tried punching the line outs and it went down from there. Just so hard to make it through, the punch slipped to the side a bit and now the holes don't line up...

I actually got the design of the PFX done I think, just trying to decide if i want to spend the $30 on the case total (PFX + Enclosure). Though, the idea of a black enclosure with black fill letters just makes me smile
smily_headphones1.gif

I have to say though, I'm kinda amazed I got this thing to work on the first try. Sounds GREAT! I'm using a single 9v, vishay's, 2227, white LED. Though right now, i'm enjoying it as it sits on a antistatic bag
wink.gif
Great job on the PCB btw, really helps out the newbs such as myself! THANKS!

EDIT: Just had an idea. My dad is big into woodworking, wonder if he could craft a small wooden case for me. Hmmmm.

You may want to move the amp to something other than an anti static bag
wink.gif

They're conductive AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back