My Creative vision:m doesnt last more than 8 hours of battery life
Apr 20, 2006 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
I thought the advertised is 14+ hours of batter life? I used my volume at 22 and my headphone impedence is 40...I dont think it needs that much power to power up the headpohnes right?

Apr 20, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #2 of 13
Don't fiddle with it so much
tongue.gif

There are a couple of different ways to eke out more runtime. One is turning down the screen to minimum-visible brightness. The other is setting the lock switch on when you're not going to touch the player for a while. It turns off the screen completely.

Apr 20, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 13
Oh...cause i was just trying to burn in my headphones...and my player died out with 8 hours.....

So I just run the album on shuffle repeat and put it on hold...that why the screen closes? thanks

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 13
I get about 11.5 hours of life with the screen on all the time. The volume is usually much lower than 22/25, however. I also don't use any EQ.

Apr 21, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Don't fiddle with it so much
tongue.gif

There are a couple of different ways to eke out more runtime. One is turning down the screen to minimum-visible brightness. The other is setting the lock switch on when you're not going to touch the player for a while. It turns off the screen completely.

Just to add to the list:
Another is to put the same song on Repeat(and use the most battery efficient file formats/file sizes)

Apr 21, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #7 of 13
theres one of your problems, you're listening to it at 22/25, higher listening volumes drain the battery, i use to listen to mine at 10-12 and would easily get 11 hours, while keeping the brightness at 10%
...geez doesn't that blow your ears off?? i know it sounds great at high levels but 22 is just wacked...

Apr 21, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #8 of 13
I think he was just burning in at that volume.

Apr 21, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic
Is it a newer unit by any chance? New Li-Ion batteries can require several cycles before they obtain their full capacity.

I think my ZV:M is getting longer battery life now that I've charged it atleast 10 times. When I first got it I was deleting tracks a lot which really kills the battery and I don't do that much now.

Isn't it best to keep the battery topped off not letting it get below 50%+/- capacity...for longevity? I try to not let mine get into the red.

I thought that I read in the sticky for lithium batteries that this is true and it's good to run them down once in a while for accurate capacity read on the display...or is this for notebook computers??

Apr 21, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARoach
Sorry to hijack; cheapest place to buy this, that can ship to Canada?

Thanks a bunch guys. =D I'm totally sold on these!

it's now available at BestBuy and FutureShops, so you can just look there now and that will also give you a chance to play with it as well.

You can always look at NCIX.com (Canadian online retailer) or resort to eBay

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
I think my ZV:M is getting longer battery life now that I've charged it atleast 10 times. When I first got it I was deleting tracks a lot which really kills the battery and I don't do that much now.

Isn't it best to keep the battery topped off not letting it get below 50%+/- capacity...for longevity? I try to not let mine get into the red.

I thought that I read in the sticky for lithium batteries that this is true and it's good to run them down once in a while for accurate capacity read on the display...or is this for notebook computers??

lol it's funny, i seem to find that i'm getting a little less time on my ZVM and i've had mine for over 3 months now, but at the same time it might be because that i'm listening at a slightly higher volume (cursed Head-Fi making me enjoy me music even more
tongue.gif
) but at the same time i've been juggling around alot more with it than i did previously

Apr 21, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane

Li-Ion batteries don't have 'memory' issues and do like shallow charges rather than repetitive deep cycling so that is the way to go with these batteries if you have the option as such treatment will increase their service life. It is a good idea to fully cycle them a few times when brand new, though. I have always noticed a significant increase in capacity in Li-Ion batteries after the first five cycles or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back