My Costa Rican Adventure
Sep 27, 2005 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jjcapurro

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,
Well I just finished directing a feature film as you can see and so now it's time for something a little different.

On Sunday morning I'm leaving the USA for Costa Rica to attend a spanish language school. I'll be gone for slightly over 2 months, and should return with a pretty workable knowledge of Spanish... and a TON of pictures!

I will be using internet cafe's periodically, so if anyone has been to Costa Rica and knows it pretty well, then feel free to post good cheap places to go/see/do/eat/sleep/etc. I have weekends off, and 10 days at the end to travel and just do whatever.

I'm starting off in Heredia for a month, then moving to Playa Flamingo, and finally Monteverde.

Wish me luck and I'll see you all at christmas!

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #2 of 3
Costa Rica is a beautiful country!! I was lucky enough to visit many years ago for just a couple of weeks. I didn't travel very much throughout the country - but what I saw was gorgeous. Good luck in your travels & with the Spanish!!! That will be the best way to learn - being immersed in the language. You'll have no choice but to learn!!!

Sep 27, 2005 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 3
A friend once asked me to join him on an adventure tour in Costa Rica where you float for miles on innertubes through caves in an underground river. I'm still kicking myself for passing on that one. I hear Costa Rica is a beautiful place. Take lots of pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back