My Corda 2Move arrived today! :P
Jun 18, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #181 of 224
As I look at all the cables and cords and crap on my desk...

the only thing I haven't tinkered with is using a wall plug in to usb adapter (like the kind apple makes that spit out a female usb-a port), and then taking a usb-a to mini-b cable, and dummying a weird power cable...

It would only be 5V, but readily available to most of us in a pinch...

Jun 18, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #182 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismohks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, at home i use 12V dc regulated supply with it, which gives it better sound quality
smily_headphones1.gif

What 12V adaptor do you use? An electronics store generic, or something more fancy? I haven't been able to find anything worth throwing on yet, so I am curious what you use.

Jun 18, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #183 of 224
i just bought it at a local electronics store

it's nothing fancy, just a generic one.

regulated 12V DC @ 1A

it HAS to be regulated

Jun 18, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #185 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by (gregor) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And it sounds stable and robust and all those other adjectives? No weird pops or fluctuations?

?? it sounds absolutely fantastic.... :p

12V definitely sounds the best
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #187 of 224
HA! So I was waiting to continue my alphabetical re-ripping of cd's until I have finished moving, which I have now done. WELL, I finally found my mastered led zeppelin albums (boxed set, how west was won, etc) and got them into the computer and played a little a/b magic with the previously ripped mp3s I still have in the library.

First I should disclose that the prior rips were only 128 kbps (!) though in my defense they were some of the first tracks I ripped back when my then-sweet mp3 player had a robust 256MB of storage, and I used it for running mostly.

Anyway, I was playing with switching between amp/no amp, dac/no dac, crossfeed/no crossfeed, and then all of the above with the original 128 k rips and the brand new lossless rips.

Note: I know the 128 v. lossless is silly but they helped as a reference base line since these were tracks I am intimately familiar, and refused to listen to since dipping into the head-fi realm (didn't want to normalize my ears to 128 kbps of ANYTHING even on entry level audiophile gear) I would have gotten to them sooner, but all my cds were in boxes.

The results were potent. My HD595s sound very fun with no amp, but the 2move really added depth to the whole experience, and the dac cleans everything up (like always) but the whole thing packaged with the crossfeed was what put my listening experience over the top.
Page, a master of mastering, plays with channel separation and channel transfer with a great deal of attention, so I was hesitant to think I would like the crossfeed circuit better than the stock recording. Of course, I was wrong (why else would I post such a long review of my experience?) I really feel like I am sitting right there listening to all the guys tear my head apart in the front row. I spent probably 10-15 minutes going back and forth over various portions of 'whole lotta love' switching the crossfeed on/off just to make sure I wasn't living some kind of placebo effect.

It just feels so [insert expletive of choice] real!

I have been posting with frequency lately as I attempt to distract from the mounds of studying yet to do, but now I think I will just put on the rock and pretend I am studying at a concert I can finally attend.

Jun 30, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #188 of 224
What to do with the logo? Cover it up with a protective carrying leather case.

Jun 30, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #189 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowCatPower /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From what I've heard through the grapevine, removing the housing from all other components and soaking it overnight in the strongest isopropanol you can get will remove the logo.

Jun 30, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #190 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowCatPower /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Go to a local car detailing shop and get a sheet of black vinyl, trim it to fit all around the amp and stick it. You can always change it to a different color.

Sep 1, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #193 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to resurrect this thread. *waves hands magically*

Hey, is it just me or is the user manual on Jan's site not working?

Apparently not. Why do you need a manual for it though? Using the Move (and its later iterations) is pretty straight-forward. 1 analog input, 1 usb input and 1 analog output. Accepts 6-12VDC power input, including that from 9V cells. On/off toggle for the crossfeed module. Even the jumper layout for high/low current & gain modes are clearly marked on the PCB itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back