My Compositions
Jan 2, 2010 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hardRAWKR

100+ Head-Fier
Well...I've been writing music for a while, and I thought I'd share what I'm working on here. :p
Okay, so right now I'm working on a series of four pieces themed around the color red. I've finished the first one, which has a Mars theme. The second one I'm working on right now, which has a Communism theme. There are no lyrics, these songs are just my interpretation of the given theme.
I actually have been writing these in Tuxguitar, which is a guitar tablature editor, but it serves my purposes just fine.

Mars: The Celestial Ruby
Communism: Red October
(I didn't steal the name from "The Hunt For Red October". I didn't even know the book existed until after I came up with the name. The name comes from red for Communism and october as in the October Revolution.)

The other two I plan to theme around Blood and Fire, but I haven't started them yet.
So...what do you think? I was hoping I could get some feedback, and this seems like the perfect place, because the majority of the people here are very musically inclined.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #2 of 3
well, I liked them, but can't really comment much since the style isn't one I'm very fond of (prog/metal/etc). The parts seem a bit too crowded at certain points, but the 'idea' of each piece is carried pretty nicely.

Jan 4, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 3
I took another listen through them, and you're right, it does get pretty crowded at parts. I'll try and figure out a way to clear out some space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back