New Head-Fier
I spent less than $20 for this
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2001 at 12:05 PM Post #5 of 25
Apheared, those are SOIC type opa134's.
I couldn't find DIP opa134's anywhere in South Korea
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2001 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 25
Ah. Yea, don't feel too bad... here in the U.S. we have just as much trouble getting the DIPs.

Also just wanted to say, I think that is the first cmoy I've ever seen that someone went with board mount jacks. The extra time it takes to position and measure both pcb and faceplate, and then the exactness you need when drilling... hurray for you!
cool.gif

Jul 4, 2001 at 4:34 PM Post #8 of 25
I agree with Apheared! It's more time consuming but worth the trouble! You really did a first class job on the construction and layout! Boy, I wish I could have found that case, led, jacks, volume pot, and knob for less then $20.00 around here!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2001 at 5:09 PM Post #9 of 25
Wow! Nicely done. I too am impressed with the board mounted jacks. That makes the amp look very professionally made.

Great job!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2001 at 5:40 PM Post #10 of 25
Jaw dropper!!!
eek.gif

Less than $20, and it's put together so well! That's my weakness, my craftsmanship
tongue.gif

Jul 4, 2001 at 6:57 PM Post #11 of 25
nah, he´s fooling us, he prolly just bought it somewhere...cause, it doesn´t look DIY-ish at all
confused.gif
!

I got to try my hand at this kind of stuff sometime....

Jul 5, 2001 at 1:34 AM Post #13 of 25
very nice amp...

Since you're already using SOIC, i recommend changing the opamps to Analog Devices AD825...This is one of the best sounding opamps and is relatively cheep but is only available in SOIC package. I dunno if you can get those where you are, or if you want to mess with suck a well built amp, though...

Jul 6, 2001 at 11:53 AM Post #14 of 25
http://www.headphone.pe.kr/cgi-bin/z...=headnum&no=37

I don't want to show you this picture but..
Here's the other side
wink.gif

No_iq, I found the case at a local plastic case store. I couldn't find the name of Manufacturer and model # at all. All I know is that it's under $4 cheap case.
biggrin.gif

Braver, that was the biggest compliment i ever had
smily_headphones1.gif

thomas. thanks for your tips. i'll think about it.

Jul 6, 2001 at 9:05 PM Post #15 of 25
man, that amp is too beautiful. I doubt mine'll look nearly that clean, there's going to be frayed wires and solder everywhere
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back