my cmoy...care about the sound...but about the look too )...update about the size too :D (pics)
Aug 24, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #17 of 27
Exactly, that's why I didn't mind them touching on the top (you really think I'd miss something that obvious?!). The amp is working nicely for a few months now, even though I use it very little, and it was a project for fun more than for use.

BTW, if you want one of these cases like I've used I don't mind shipping one to you. Just cover shipping costs. It is somewhat short so the capacitors have to be placed horizontally like I did in mine or the case wont close. The external size is about 16x9.5x2.5, and its in cm, not inches.

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #18 of 27
OP: Beautiful soldering! I wish I had that kind of skill.
KT88: I'd solder that contact point between the two resistors on the top of the board if you can't bend them apart. You don't want to create a tiny intermittent spark gap that could introduce popping noises into the output.

Aug 26, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #19 of 27

Quote:

BTW, if you want one of these cases like I've used I don't mind shipping one to you. Just cover shipping costs. It is somewhat short so the capacitors have to be placed horizontally like I did in mine or the case wont close. The external size is about 16x9.5x2.5, and its in cm, not inches.

thx very much...but i want to use cmoy as a portable amp...and it will be a little to big...maybe when i will built a pimeta or min3 as a desktop amp would work better )))...ps...where did u get it...or u built it?

Quote:
OP: Beautiful soldering! I wish I had that kind of skill.
KT88: I'd solder that contact point between the two resistors on the top of the board if you can't bend them apart. You don't want to create a tiny intermittent spark gap that could introduce popping noises into the output.

thx)))...and about those 2 resistors :
Originally Posted by Avro_Arrow
Don't worry, they are soldered together on the other side of the board...
:wink:

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #20 of 27
I've bought these cases locally. They were like 1$ each.

Sep 3, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #22 of 27

Quote:

eek.gif
I think the next logical step would be adding smd discrete buffer in there...

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #26 of 27
Really nice work on both Cmoy. Soldering is greatly done. I sould post a pic of my Cmoy : "doesn's care about the sound" because it is AC coupled input with an electro cap and the same one in the feedback loop ; "doesn't care about the look" well, because I don't do layouts as clean as yours. It is still pretty small considering the four extra caps.

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
Really nice work on both Cmoy. Soldering is greatly done. I sould post a pic of my Cmoy : "doesn's care about the sound" because it is AC coupled input with an electro cap and the same one in the feedback loop ; "doesn't care about the look" well, because I don't do layouts as clean as yours. It is still pretty small considering the four extra caps.

post it  )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back