my CK2III has weak bass....
Nov 4, 2007 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jason711

New Head-Fier
im not a bass head, but i like the sound to be fairly balanced. right now its hanging in the upper and mids... the bass just trails it terribly. is it just a matter of breaking it in? if so, how much time? its supposed to have blackgates and really nice stuff for components (i havent opened it up yet)...

thanks for your time!

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 5
Have you tried attaching a pair of headphones to it? My Technics speaker amps produce a very bass-weak "tss tss" type sound, but after connecting them to speakers, the bass really comes out.

Just kidding. Maybe they don't mate well with whatever headphones you're using with them? If the bass is so weak that even as a non-basshead you find the bass deficient, there is probably a fault somewhere.

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #4 of 5
Yes, talk to the guy. I don't find the CK2III to have weak bass. I find it balanced with more than enough power to drive everything but the most demanding headphones.

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 5
Hi

My sennheiser HD580 became less bright once I started using my kumisa.

It should have a warm full spacious bass.

I have to admit this was with a Marantz CD63SE and now with a Roksan Kandy Cd player the bass is lighter. I think its because the roksan has lower deeper bass - the marantz HDAM circuit increases upper bass warmth.

Regards

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back