My cigar experience was good
Dec 17, 2015 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
I tried smoking a cigar last year and I ended up getting dizzy and I vomited. It was a terrible experience. Maybe it's because I don't smoke cigarettes and I don't like the smell of cigarette smoke.

So today, I decided to try it again at a cigar shop/lounge. I decided to smoke the small version of the Cohiba brand Dominican Republic cigar. The Cohiba Cuban cigar is not available in America but it is considered to be a great cigar and it was the cigar that Fidel Castro smoked. 

How was the experience?

I must say that it was excellent. I did not get dizzy nor did I vomit like with my last cigar experience. Perhaps it was because the last cigar was some cheap quality stuff. The Cohiba Dominican Republic was smooth and delicious. As I sat in the leather chair, I felt like a refined gentleman. It made me feel sophisticated because I was not coughing and I loved that.

Perhaps some day I will try the Cohiba Cuban cigar version if it ever becomes available or if I find it on my travels outside the USA.

On a side note, I found a youtube video of a cigar lover comparing the Cuban version to the Dominican Republic version of the Cohiba cigar.

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #2 of 4
Like you, I've never smoked cigarettes but I quite like cigars. 

I'd heard about dizziness but I felt that for the first time recently, and with a decent cigar. I was totally sober but it was late, so maybe 

If you ever travel outside the USA, virtually all airports (duty free shops) will sell Cuban cigars, including Cohibas. Little tobacco stores in Latin America are great too, with good prices and selections, and you can buy singles.

One thing I wish I'd known is that although cheapish cigars can be quite good, they're less likely to be in good condition when you buy them. Even before you get to smoking, some will come apart when you cut them. Going back to airports, it's not unusual for the cheap ones to be kept with the cigarettes, outside the store's humidor.

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Yeah. I think I'm sensitive and get dizzy easily because it has happened more than once. But since I did not get dizzy with the Cohiba, it will be the only cigar that I will smoke. But I'm only going to smoke like a few times a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back