My cat tore up my Virtual Dynamics Power 3...
Apr 1, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #601 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm lucky, I don't have that problem because my credibility has always been zero.

Best quote ever
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #602 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is EXACTLY the sort of thing that I'm talking about. Back door deals like this have the potential to kill this forum. How we can't be sure that the advice we're receiving from you isn't motivated by your commission? You have been a loud defender of high end cables for a while. Now I know why.

How many posters here are on the take?

Disgusted
Steve

You're in the audio business. Where's your Member of the Trade designation? You're probably just trying to sell us remasters of 78s, right? We can never trust your opinions about vintage music again...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #603 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are ridiculous. It's like the Salem witchcraft trials.
rolleyes.gif
You're actively looking for drama. It seems like rather immature behavior for a moderator.

Yes, other MOTs have also offered me PAYMENT INSTALLMENTS on product. You have a problem with that? Is that against T&C? Can a MOT not extend me credit?

Would you like to see my birth certificate? Bank statements? Proof of circumcision?
rolleyes.gif

Yes I do have a problem with that, and your attitude:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terms of Use
A Member of the Trade may not--via the forums, Private Messaging, or Head-Fi's e-mail relay function--volunteer any information about a specific product that he is selling or making, in response to a general request for information about a type of product or in any other discussion in the Main Forums.

A Member of the Trade may not post announcements, advertisements, sales information or the like about a product he makes or sells in the Main Forums, via Private Messaging, or via Head-Fi's e-mail relay function.

No advertising by Members of the Trade that is not pre-approved by the Head-Fi administrators is allowed in the member forums. Some sponsors have Branded Sponsor Forums in which they will be allowed to advertise their wares. There will also be designated areas and forums where sponsors and non-sponsors alike will be able to advertise their wares. Head-Fi is most definately NOT anti-trade. In fact, trade members are a welcome and vital part of the Head-Fi community. However, Head-Fi's Main Forums, its Private Messaging System, or its e-mail relay function are not to be used for unsolicited self promotion and advertising of audio products or services.

You are clearly enabling an infraction of a series of rules that make sure that one MOT doesn't have a clear advantage over another.

I also wonder why you edited your original post of which I have a copy of.
confused.gif

Immature, indeed!
rolleyes.gif

I will, however, take proof of your circumcision, as long as it's in certificate form and not the actual component.
A circumcision is a true definition of a 10% discount!

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #604 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Terms of Use
A Member of the Trade may not--via the forums, Private Messaging, or Head-Fi's e-mail relay function--volunteer any information about a specific product that he is selling or making, in response to a general request for information about a type of product or in any other discussion in the Main Forums.

-- Was not via the forums, was to NON HEAD-FI MEMBERS
-- Was not through Private Messaging
-- Was not through Head-Fi's e-mail relay function, nor was his e-mail ever acquired in that fashion

Quote:

You are clearly enabling an infraction of a series of rules that make sure that one MOT doesn't have a clear advantage over another.

Like I said, I was unaware of those rules. Now that I am aware of them, I will be sure to uphold them. But I never violated the TOS since I never tried to solicit a Head-Fi member. I posted both positive and negative reviews, as does everyone else, and would recommend a product on its own merits, as does everyone else.

Quote:

I also wonder why you edited your original post of which I have a copy of.
confused.gif

Immature, indeed!
rolleyes.gif

If you haven't noticed, I edit 99% of my posts. I like to review my posts for grammar and content. In addition, if I see something I typed that was inappropriate, I do my best to rectify it. That's the mature thing to do.

Quote:

I will, however, take proof of your circumcision, as long as it's in certificate form and not the actual component. A circumcision is a true definition of a 10% discount!

Oh, so now you're playing favorites. I see how the moderators around here work.
tongue.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #605 of 773
Just an observation: some people here really need to get acquainted with the "multi-quote" option. It is so annoying to see 4 or 5 posts by the same person quoting a different thing.

You see the "quote" button you always press when quoting somebody? Right next to it is a button called "multi".

Use it please.

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #606 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just an observation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz
some people here really need to get acquainted with the "multi-quote" option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzjudz
It is so annoying to see 4 or 5 posts by the same person quoting a different thing.

Quote:

You see the "quote" button you always press when quoting somebody? Right next to it is a button called "multi".

Quote:

Use it please

Like this. This way, it doesn't falsely inflate your post count.

Apr 2, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #607 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like this. This way, it doesn't falsely inflate your post count.

Somes want have a big post count to be considered as hardcore.

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #608 of 773
That would be the false inflation that I'm talking about. Quality, not quantity is what makes a person a valued asset on an information forum.
There's a big difference between someone who's been on since 2006 and has 8000 posts, and someone who has been on since 2001 and has 5000 posts.

Apr 2, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #609 of 773
IPodPJ,
your actions can easly be interpreted as shilling. it doesn't matter if your correspondence with VD is via Head-Fi bandwidth or not.

PACE

Apr 2, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #610 of 773
lol

Velumnatics AudioPhlow

the music just flows.....hooked it up to an old Sony boombox....

custom terminated garden hose ftw!

yay!!

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #611 of 773
Thank you bigshot for finally digging this up! I've always suspected that there are a few rotten tomatoes in this field.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've been working on a commission basis and you have accepted freebies. You're done, man. Pack it up.

See ya
Steve

Apr 3, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #612 of 773
I love bigshot...

Good job not taking that powercord. The company is so shady I would hate to have to deal with them for anything, even if it is 'free'.

Edit: Has IPodPJ been banned yet? he certainly should be...

Apr 3, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #613 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by UseName /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love bigshot...

Good job not taking that powercord. The company is so shady I would hate to have to deal with them for anything, even if it is 'free'.

Edit: Has IPodPJ been banned yet? he certainly should be...

Well now I have seen it all.

We now have head-fi Groupie's
rolleyes.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #614 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well now I have seen it all.

We now have head-fi Groupie's
rolleyes.gif

Respecting someone for their integrity and courtesy is hardly being a groupie.

Recognizing that IpodPJ has made himself vulnerable to the charge he is a shill is unavoidable at this point, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back