My cat tore up my Virtual Dynamics Power 3...
Apr 1, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #571 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the heck are you talking about? That's a complete and outright lie. You are confusing me with someone else. I have never worked in an audio store in my life. I have worked in the printing and graphics industry for the past 15 years.

Ack, I'm sorry... Now I remember you mentioning graphic design before (and entering the VD design competition). I did have you confused with another Head-Fier, but now I'm not sure whom. My mistake! Again, sorry about the confusion.

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #572 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Other MOT's? The plot thickens.
frown.gif

You are ridiculous. It's like the Salem witchcraft trials.
rolleyes.gif
You're actively looking for drama. It seems like rather immature behavior for a moderator.

Yes, other MOTs have also offered me PAYMENT INSTALLMENTS on product. You have a problem with that? Is that against T&C? Can a MOT not extend me credit?

Would you like to see my birth certificate? Bank statements? Proof of circumcision?
rolleyes.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #573 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ack, I'm sorry... Now I remember you mentioning graphic design before (and entering the VD design competition). I did have you confused with another Head-Fier, but now I'm not sure whom. My mistake! Again, sorry about the confusion.

No problem.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #575 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IpodPJ, I thought you said your friend spent quite a bit more than $1000. 10% commision from his purchases is a bit more that $95. Correct me if I'm wrong on the amount... I'm not digging through your posts to find it.

Thanks,

Kyle

He had initially spent around $4,000.

Then he spent $3,500 but he wound up cancelling that order.

Right around that time Matt offered me the product credit deal for referrals.

Then he spent $950 on another power cable.

Thus, $95 credit.

Anything else you guys would like to know?

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #576 of 773
Quote:

Please see my last post.

Obviously as pointed out by another member, I had previously mentioned it on Head-Fi. Do you feel it necessary for me to post that in every single thread about Virtual Dynamics cables? If not, what would be the proper thread to mention that in? Was the thread I mentioned it in not a proper place to do so? Or should I start a thread specifically to outline the details of my dealings with Virtual Dynamics? (I'm not being sarcastic here, just trying to give an honest reply and asking for the proper answer.)

I don't think it necessary to post in every thread--sorry if I missed the disclosure post. A good solution would be to disclose in your sig and/or profile.

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #578 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice coincidence here with the suspicion on some head-fiers thread suddenly.

Time to take heed that this is a serious addiction when the MoT offer you installments for more.
biggrin.gif

Makes me wonder what Patrick82 is qualified to buy...
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #579 of 773
i am just so happy to have seen patrick82 again... i guess that the circles i hang out with don't hit his circles. i thought he had disappeared. in any case, i have loved this thread since the beginning.

personally, all my cables are purchased with first: looks and usability and then: perceived improvement in mind.

i like thin, bendable ics for my portables and amps (when i had the amps) so i could do acrobatics with them without worrying for my connectors.

now, i just enjoy reading about expensive cables and good advertising and then a little mystery here and there.

i was not given apples to say this.

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #582 of 773
Quote:

Please see my last post.

Obviously as pointed out by another member, I had previously mentioned it on Head-Fi. Do you feel it necessary for me to post that in every single thread about Virtual Dynamics cables? If not, what would be the proper thread to mention that in? Was the thread I mentioned it in not a proper place to do so? Or should I start a thread specifically to outline the details of my dealings with Virtual Dynamics? (I'm not being sarcastic here, just trying to give an honest reply and asking for the proper answer.)

If your getting commissions from anyone, that makes you at least an independent contractor for the company giving you commissions. If that company is an audio company, IMO that makes you a MOT by my interpretations of the rules of use. So no, you shouldn't have to post it in every thread. You just register as an MOT and it shows up in every post.

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #584 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Swim and flow?

What utter BS. That "reviewer" sounds like an idiot. IMO :)

I guess you checked the posting date of the article.
wink.gif

It looks like that article was directed at this thread from the build of those cables, and the kitten attack reference. I just want to know where I can get a pair!

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #585 of 773
AudioPhlow 420, $2940 (retail)

image links to review

"The cabling itself is a technology licensed from a German aerospace firm called Gaurdenhose Polyimeplastic. This tech enables the blend of several different plastics with audiophile particles in order to make the best sound isolation within the cable. But this also lends to a very durable build quality that will fend off any kitten attack."

"Music just came to life and basically as the liquid technology suggests, it just swam, moved, flowed and grooved. It’s really hard to describe the realism of this cable and how it brings music to life; it is something that needs to be witnessed. Are they worth the $3000 price tag? Simply, yes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back