My cat eats cables
Oct 27, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta
My 4 month old kitten loves to attack my MS2 cable when I'm at the computer. It's come to the point where I have to kick him out of the room when he's frisky (which is most of the time). Luckily he ignores the IC's and computer cables.

Speaking of chewing pets, my yellow lab is a champion chewer. Some things he's eaten or chewed:

- eats bars of soap
- various baby toys
- ate 2 pairs of leather baby slippers ('robbies'), whole
- leather gloves and various shoes
- chrome toaster (at least he unplugged it first)

He gets a lot of leeway from me though 'cause it usually happens when he doesn't get enough excercise, and he's a good boy otherwise and great with the baby.

DSCF0878_red.JPG

Love the pic!

Oct 27, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #47 of 49
One of my cats used to chew on cables. IMO (as a non-certified cat psychologist), he did this out of frustration. He seemed to do it when he was mad at me. When he didn't get enough attention or didn't get fed on time, he would take it out on cables and other household furniture.

By giving him enough love and affection and making sure he's fed on time, this problem has vanished.

Oct 28, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #48 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit
My "awww... that's so cute-o-meter" just exploded and set my house on fire. I was ejected from a second story window, but I am safe. Apparently there is such a thing as too cute.
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif
Classic. Luckily for my daughter she didn't get her looks from me
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
One of my cats used to chew on cables. IMO (as a non-certified cat psychologist), he did this out of frustration. He seemed to do it when he was mad at me. When he didn't get enough attention or didn't get fed on time, he would take it out on cables and other household furniture.

By giving him enough love and affection and making sure he's fed on time, this problem has vanished.

Makes sense. My dog seems to be doing the same thing. He has only recently started to chew things up, after my wife returned to work after being on maternity leave. Most of the things that get chewed are hers, the dog seems to be mad at her. I try to get him excercise but it's not possible to come home at lunch to check in on him, so he's alone all day. Any advice from fellow pet owners?

(sorry to veer the discussion from cats to dogs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back