my car had a bad day.
Sep 9, 2007 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

no1likesme

1000+ Head-Fier
Me and some friends went to do some four wheeling yesterday and while trying to climb a hill in 2 wheel drive this happened

6gaslxc.jpg

4qz7d5z.jpg

HERE is my first attempt in 2 wheel drive (i had to put it in 4 at the top). It broke on the next run which unfortunately we didn't get on tape.

Sep 9, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
someone once told me, dont trust any american vehicle made between 1975 and 2000,

It had nothing to do with the quality of the car, I was just beating on it.

Sep 9, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
someone once told me, dont trust any american vehicle made between 1975 and 2000,

Everyone is entitled to there opinions, but one of the best running cars I ever owned was a 1986 Buick Regal. I mistakingly got rid of it and bought a brand new civic in 1999 when I had to start commuting further. The Regal was really neglected when I got it @ 75,000 miles and everything on it was original even the brakes
eek.gif
, I put a few hundred into things that should of been replaced and put 40,000 additional trouble free miles on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me and some friends went to do some four wheeling yesterday and while trying to climb a hill in 2 wheel drive this happened

Sorry to hear about your Jeep no1likesme, but now you have an excuse to do some major upgrades
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why didn't you just keep it in 4wd the whole time?

Because I already made it up in 4wd. I had to see if I could do it in 2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone is entitled to there opinions, but one of the best running cars I ever owned was a 1986 Buick Regal. I mistakingly got rid of it and bought a brand new civic in 1999 when I had to start commuting further. The Regal was really neglected when I got it @ 75,000 miles and everything on it was original even the brakes
eek.gif
, I put a few hundred into things that should of been replaced and put 40,000 additional trouble free miles on it.

Sorry to hear about your Jeep no1likesme, but now you have an excuse to do some major upgrades
wink.gif

First off the 1986 and 1987 Regals are some of my favorite cars ever (especially the grand nationals)

I am thinking about putting a slip yoke eliminator on it to replace the broken parts. I also have a 3 inch lift coming in the mail right now.

Sep 10, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #13 of 17
My car had a worse day, and it wasn't even my fault.

IMG_0836.jpg

Sep 10, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Everyone is entitled to there opinions, but one of the best running cars I ever owned was a 1986 Buick Regal

I recently totalled my beloved Regal. I miss it so much. When I went to replace it I hated the new Regals so I ended up with an Impala. But I agree the Regal was a great car.

Sep 10, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #15 of 17
The photos have a nice sepia color balance, sorry to see the damage. Is it just the driveline components, or are the transmission case and the differential damaged as well? Be glad you had FWD to fall back on, imagine what the tow bill would have been!

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back