my "cable elevation" solution
Nov 25, 2008 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ffrr

100+ Head-Fier
Do I buy into cable elevators?? I dont know..I place them in the category"it may not help anything, but the way I see it, at worst, they do no harm either, so as long as the price is right, why not take a chance on some benefit?"

so anyway.. my dad was once a lineman for the county, and for some odd reason, when I was a boy, every now and then he would bring me the power line isolator/insulator devices.(I guess he thought that I would find them cool as a kid?)
I never did.. but anyway, last week while going through my old room at my parents house, I re-discovered my stash of them(about 40 in all) and I had a "eureka" moment... "what if I use them to elevate my speaker cables??"

well, they work wonderfully, are constructed in such a manner that they never, ever die, even in the worst conditions possible.. and hell, they were made to isolate cables..

here are some pics. dont have them all arranged(there are many different sizes and material variations(some are glass, some are ceramic) but, it is a basic idea anyway,

IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

Nov 26, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 6
Nice find, I love repurposing old junk.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people collect them, you may be surprised by how much some sell for.

Well there you go. Even if you don't notice a difference, there's still a good use for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back