My budget is exactly $48.95. Can anyone recommend some good IEM's?
Jul 4, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #16 of 27
you should definitely opt for the sennheiser cx300 if you can get them in your price range. Do not buy from any retailer that your are not completely sure about as there are many fake cx-300s out there.
Also, check for great deals in the for sale forums on here.

Jul 4, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by dansta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
skullcandy is horrible, even the ipod normal earbuds are better. V-moda bass freq. i think can be had for 19 dollars.

That's physically impossible. The ibuds can not be better since they do not isolate background noise. The result is ear-damaging loud volume that sounds like crap.

Jul 5, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #18 of 27
Well, I gotta agree that the standard iPod earbuds pwn the ink'ds.
They pop and crackle when inserted, it takes time to get L and R to sound right, due to the vacuum created when inserting.
I'd recommend the CX300's of Creative's EP-630.

Jul 5, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by penger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 I was about to suggest that but you beat me to it.

too bad no one is selling them at the moment
frown.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #22 of 27
I actually, as of last night ordered a pair of UE's Metro fi. 100's. Only thing is though the dude that reviewed these on fakeheadphones.com (for those fake Sennheiers people seem to sell) said that the sound, was not the best and that even the seal the eartips provided wasn't that great, and that using an amp might make the sound better. If this is true, then I'd hate to think I wasted my money x_X. Maybe he didn't have them in correctly. But, it's the only place I've been able to even find a true review of them on. They're not even on UE's website, why, I don't really understand.

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I gotta agree that the standard iPod earbuds pwn the ink'ds.
They pop and crackle when inserted, it takes time to get L and R to sound right, due to the vacuum created when inserting.
I'd recommend the CX300's of Creative's EP-630.

No way!! The crinkle sound during insertion is in no way worse than the terrible sound and lack of isolation found in the ibuds.

I've found that L and R can be identified by making sure the word Skullcandy printed on the part where the one cable becomes two is facing forward. Then the bud to the left is the left and the right is the right.

As far as the vacuum, if you can't hear out of one bud they just need to be adjusted in your ears. Also, try replacing the sleeves with the larger or smaller size. For me the medium and large work well. The small size is really small-for smaller ears.

Jul 8, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #25 of 27
any true "IEM" will sound bright and ugly ifv you don't achieve a proper fit. So once u get the you should try them for a few days b4 u make a decision to return them

Jul 9, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #26 of 27
Marshmallows have good sound but the eartip can be a little difficult to get a good seal. I do like them, so does my high school son.
UE is a very good brand, but havent tried the Metro's.

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #27 of 27
Someone actually recommended, something with a K?..I forget the name..maybe it was Kardon, or Kamden?..If that sounds familar to any of you, but like the Ety's, they have three white types together..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back