My brother and his Ra-1...lol
Mar 18, 2005 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
So I sold My ra-1 to my Brother, and before you all curse me I let him borrown it and he wanted to buy it without trying anything else. he has sony v6 headphones and really doesnt care about quality at all. I tried to get him into grados and senn's, he likes the senn's style but I told him the low gain ra-1 wont do the job...so he loves the ra-1 with his sony's..more power to him

the other day He asked me "why does this amp eat 9v's every week?"
I thought thats pretty weird...

I kept thinking about t and came up with either he is playing them at full max volume and/or he leaves it on...

I asked him and sure enough its both...hahahaha

I thought that was funny and had to share it..
wait till he borrows my hr-2..I wanna see him turn that all the way up..hehehe evil hehehehehe

Mar 18, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 8
I wish my brother was that easy
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 8
I'm with your brother on this one, V6 / RA-1 actually isn't bad at all, that's a combination I could happily live with. Though if he's got any hearing left I highly doubt he's been listening at max volume...

Mar 18, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterR
I'm with your brother on this one, V6 / RA-1 actually isn't bad at all, that's a combination I could happily live with. Though if he's got any hearing left I highly doubt he's been listening at max volume...

he is a cranker forsure, gets on my setup and took the grados to 4 o'clock on the hr-2....thats k-1000 power there.
When he puts on the 600's he turns them at 4-5 o clock...I dont understand how he can hear anything...I would hear all distortion at those levels and I like my stuff loud to.

Mar 18, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
he is a cranker forsure, gets on my setup and took the grados to 4 o'clock on the hr-2....thats k-1000 power there.
When he puts on the 600's he turns them at 4-5 o clock...I dont understand how he can hear anything...I would hear all distortion at those levels and I like my stuff loud to.

Whaaaat?
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2005 at 1:11 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Gah, blood would slowly start to trickle out of my ears at that level.

Mar 19, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by go_vtec
I wish my brother was that easy
biggrin.gif

I wish I have a brother.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

When he puts on the 600's he turns them at 4-5 o clock...I dont understand how he can hear anything...

Ugh, I would still be nice and advise him to preserve his hearing for later years. I mean I would be financially evil to him, but not physically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back