My book is out!
Jul 4, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #62 of 78
I don't know if I've "made good" quite yet. I'll let you know when it sells a lot.
smily_headphones1.gif

GAD

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #63 of 78
I just recieved your book from Amazon and more importantly a coupon for $.55 off Hormel deli meat
wink.gif

My first impression 2 pages into the first chapter is.... your writing can be read!! Which in technically oriented books is a rarity. Keep writing.

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #64 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not really a basic book, though it does cover basic topics. The idea is that it can be a reference for people with first-level certifications.

GAD

I might have to pick it up, I'm a first level Network Engineer for Commerce Bank.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #66 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by whistler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just recieved your book from Amazon and more importantly a coupon for $.55 off Hormel deli meat
wink.gif

My first impression 2 pages into the first chapter is.... your writing can be read!! Which in technically oriented books is a rarity. Keep writing.

I think you just made my day. That's my goal when writing, so I'm glad it's working!

Thanks.

IF you like it please post a review on Amazon/Oreilly!
smily_headphones1.gif

GAD

Jul 10, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #67 of 78
Congratulations on your accomplishment. I hope it sells well.

Jul 10, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #68 of 78
It's #67 right now in Amazons Computer/Internet section. It will probably fall out by the end of the day, but it's kind of cool while it lasts.
smily_headphones1.gif

GAD

Jul 11, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #69 of 78
eGADs! Congarats!! <a little circle of dancing rats all cheering for GAD>. I hope this book knocks the SOX off everyone and LANs you another deal!

Ok, ok... <picks up the bad jokes and quietly leaves>.

Seriously, most excellent! I've thought about writing, but my fingers just keep getting in the way. Maybe one day soon tho, except I want to try my hand at fiction. I've already written enough solutions for various comapny databases and need to let the bad taste go away first. Keep up the great work!!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back