My Bass Burn In Track
Aug 18, 2009 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
YouTube - Bass Burn In Track for audophile Headphones

I cut my ATHes7 burn in time by about 1/4 just using this Bass track I've created. It also really helped my 840s burn in, seemed faster than just typical pink noise and music. It is nothing special really, this is just designed for Bass tightening. Best to be used before and after a higher tone sweep track. I'll upload that as well if you all think this is worth using.

There are lots of audio strippers for youtube so that's how you'll have to get it, unless head-fi allows me to upload the tracks direct into the forums for anyone to download inside of this thread? In my honest opinion, using a combination of sweep tones like this ( deep bass then fading higher tones ) with a few real music tracks is the best way to go.

send my a PM with your email and ill attach the .wav to ya
Your EQ on your Windows Media player should look like this for the optimal sound
1.jpg

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 12
Thanks for this, dude! I'll have to check it out once work is done. Nothing wrong with a l'il bit of effortless bass tightening...

Aug 18, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 12
It sounds almost nothing like this on WMP, youtube has its on EQ. IF you use it make sure you set your WMP eq to a similar setting as shown in the picture.

If you want it, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll attach it and send to ya.

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #7 of 12
I cut my burn-in time on my ES7s by 100%, simply by putting them on my head and listening to music. Crazy, I know, but it seems to have worked.

fwiw, I do believe in the value of burn-in, but only for certain phones : the K601 being the only pair I own. Given a choice, I wouldnt buy another pair of cans that requires 200+ hours of burn-in to develop real bass impact : far better to have cans that sound good from hour 1 onwards, IMO.

Aug 18, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #9 of 12
I played the clip from YouTube. I run my audio through a Mackie Big Knob which has a digital VU meter. The YouTube clip was lighting up the red OL light on the VU meter. Is that a byproduct of the YouTube lossy compression or is the original WAV recorded that hot? And your screen capture shows the EQ with the bass boosted. Is that wise? The boosted playback EQ could cause clipping of the already hot signal. I don't think it is wise to be burning in a headphone with potentially clipped bass.

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #12 of 12
You can damage it if you turn the volume to MAX, but if its on a normal loudness it wont damage >.>

the best way for burn in cans is to have sudden differences between the sweeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back