My Balanced TakeT H2 and TR2. (Vs. ED9) Tons of pics.
Sep 11, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #46 of 231
Well, AMB says in balanced mode the Beta22 puts out 50 watts.

Not sure if this is only into 8 ohms, though I'm sure the info is on his site.

Man, if my E9's hadn't just landed, I'd be tempted to cancel and pickup the H2's. And I really need a good set of closed phones before anything else, too. Hmm... what more can I sell, hmm...

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #47 of 231
I've got no idea what is up with our group buy...i think the thread may have been deleted...I'm not sure who to ask about it...?

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #48 of 231
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, regarding the HR2 group-buy, I can't say much, but I will say that it is definitely still on. A MOT Sponsored thread will be appearing (if nothing else goes awry) this week.

Be patient!

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #49 of 231
Quote:

Originally Posted by pageman99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, AMB says in balanced mode the Beta22 puts out 50 watts.

Not sure if this is only into 8 ohms, though I'm sure the info is on his site.

Man, if my E9's hadn't just landed, I'd be tempted to cancel and pickup the H2's. And I really need a good set of closed phones before anything else, too. Hmm... what more can I sell, hmm...

All your Senns and Denons can go because H2 is superior anyways. =]

Oh, and if B22 puts out 50 watts into 8 ohms, assuming RMS, thats around 28 Volts peak-to-peak.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #50 of 231
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not what I meant though, because if I design 2 amplifiers, one balanced with 10 Vpp, and the other SE with 10 Vpp, they are equally powerful.

Yes, but then you miss out on the other benefits.
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #51 of 231
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but then you miss out on the other benefits.
wink.gif

Ok. You officially are just being useless.

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #56 of 231
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathriel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Balanced inputs is if you're feeding TR2 with a balanced headamp.

But I don't see how that set up is balanced, it looks like you're using RCAs...

I should have thought of that. Thanks!

Sep 11, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #58 of 231
An excellent read stevenkelby, I have really enjoyed your thoughts thusfar. Your impressions certainly differ from mine, however your gear and your ears and your other headphones (ED9) are all very different from my own, so its excellent to get such comparisons grounded.

I got the set I reviewed back today. Theyve been on a trip to Germany and then borrowed for while by my dad. Im thinking about plugging them into my NAD C352 to see if this difference in the low end might be accountable to amplification. Its also possible that as your set is basically brand new it still has to loosen up. Noone can say for sure because theres still a lot to be learned about this headphone. I am however very happy that you are enjoying it so much.

Sep 11, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #59 of 231
Thanks for putting us onto them in the first place Duggeh. It's not surprising we had different ideas about their sound, coming from different directions as we have.

Mr. Takei said that they won't burn in but I honestly do think they have changed, even considering mental burn in. Highs seem smoother, bass seems just louder. These do have great and powerfull bass, it's just not massive like the ED9 in the sense that it's far more controlled.. It is possible it's my head, but I'm 99% sure they have changed in the 80 or so hours they have been playing, maybe 15 of which I have been listening too.

I will be getting the RWA Sig. 30.2 and can't wait to hear how they sound with some nice power.

Steve.

Sep 11, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #60 of 231
I've just done a little test and they definitely seem more weedy out of my NAD C352. Not bad by any means, but without that thunderous low end I love them so much for which the class A tubes has. Switching the wiring was a PITA though and took ages so im rewiring my entire setup atm and putting banana plugs on things so I can more easily A/B tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back