My Audio Technica Pro 700 MKII's have almost no bass?
Sep 26, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #17 of 21
I just compared my audio technica pro mkII against my old Koss Porta Pro and the koss for sure has more of that deep bass... I doubt this should be the case! The audio technica are much more detailed and more crystal clear than the koss but the audio technica sound more thin, there isnt as much of that deeper bass in comparision... Mids and highs are otherwise good! No issues there...

Should I call audio technica and ask them to repair my headphones?

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #18 of 21
I even tried using the other cable that came with the package... Didnt change anything! I dont get it, they have bass... But considering how people talk about these in terms of bass performance I feel lost! They sound good, no distortion, no harsh voices! My friends tried these aswell, telling me they sound amazing. And they do. But once I told them these are supposed to be bass heavy they seemed very suprised and told me there wasnt much bass at all, just clean and detailed sound! The bass notes are there, u can hear them for sure. but its like 10dB lower than mids and highs! I have to play veeeery loud to get "good" amount of bass but then the vocals are so loud my ears are about to bleed!

Koss Porta Pro are more fun!

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #20 of 21
I doubt that, I have the O2 amp already. Using the same source, my koss porta pro delivers more bass! Makes your eardrums feel it! My Audio technica do not have that kind of depth. Sure zo2 might be to some help but EQing is not the real answer...

Aug 21, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #21 of 21
Hey,  Seems like I'm having the same issue, I bought a PRO 500MK2.. after unboxing I plugged it on to my lumia 930 phones, I was so disappointed.. songs felt like I'm listening in some 20dollars headset, I previously owned RAZER ELECTRA, SONY XB450. I felt the bass was nothing compared to sony.. I had this feeling that I got the fake headset from amazon seller.. it says JAPAN IMPORT (on packaging it says Made in China ) everything looks original. except the bass quality.. can someone help me.. I bot this headset thinking it will have better bass and clear mid than my SONY.. this is my hard earned money.. I tried it on my pc as well with a soundblaster pro card.. its the same.. I'm running BURN test.. what to do.. any suggestion ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back